teleri wrote:Maybe we need no not make the no drop, but add a script to them that sets them so that the have an "owner" which is set by a variable on the item. that would prevent anyone else from using the item, shocks you (heck can even do some dammage) and it drops to the ground. At this point who cares if they stay in cirrculation they are useless to anyone but the person tagged as the owner.
Just a suggestion. (:
- All variables get cleared with the current implementation of persistent chests (an avlis at least)
- The work involved would be just as high (still have to do this to all items)
- Extra lag whenever anyone equips any item do to extra checks in teh onEquip script (small amount, but it all adds up)
- Players get the same penalty, but do not get any benifit from it. They can still not hand anything on, but they also do not get it marked plot.
Its a good idea, but in practice its not really workable. The same people that opt into that would be the same ones that do take their stuff with them anyway.
I have seen two weapons with an onHit dispell, and I have heard about two +5 weapons that i have not directly seen. That the total of what i have seen for banned/uber weapons. The gear getting tagged would not be weapons for the most part. We are not talking +5 equivilent (eg +3 with +5 lore and +5 persuade) we are talking actual +5.
The way I see it is that there are five types of character out there.
1) the ones that have none of this stuff
2) the ones that have 1 or 2 items on the list
3) the ones that have their entire main set of equipment on the list
4) the ones that have more than an entire set, but its all for their own use
5) The "Zachs" (seeing as he seems to be a focus, sorry thaliss)
I would say that most of the items on the list that are out there are in the hands of type 2-3. There would be very few 4's, and all the 5's most would be able to name pretty easily.
The 2-3 people are the ones that IMO would be most willing to go along with this. The 5's IMO would also look at working something out, many (as thaliss has already said) are more than willing to do whats best for copap.
The only people i can see having a real issue with this are the 4's and the 1's.
The 4's are the people that will lose inventory space and not be able to bag their gear if they choose to get it all marked, but this is their choice, nobody is forcing them to do it.
Most 1's will be fine with it, the 1's that I can see complaining are the ones that will say things like "well they have it, and now i have no chance of ever getting it". To be totally blunt I don't care about the complaints of these people. Of course its going to be harder for them to get the uber gear now, thats the point.