CoPaP Development Updates

Development for CoPaP
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

CoPaP Development Updates

Post by Orleron »

Let's reserve this thread for Ambassadors and PW Leaders only. In it, we will give you updates on our worlds, both individually, and in total as CoPaP. You'll see entries inthe form:

DATE: (in the title)

World
* updated blah blah blah

* updated blah blah blah
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

11/19/03 (pm):

Post by Orleron »

CoPaP
* Updated the forums and continued laying the skeleton format for these boards

Avlis

* Links with Hala and Rockhome are live

* Travellers link is live one-way, from Travellers to Avlis. Will put in the other way when plot permits.

* Database version of Custom Character Generator is live in Avlis, but has a few bugs that need to be worked out.
Jeff
World Leader: Ea

11/19/2003

Post by Jeff »

EA

*Set record uptime of 512hrs without a reset (and still going)
*DNS update sent in, url should start working in 72hrs
*Updated Staff status charts 100,1000, and 10000 min charts to show max # of players logged in between data samples.
Come by and see us at:
http://hanus.is-a-geek.net/
Daerthe
Ambassador: Ea

Re: 11/19/2003

Post by Daerthe »

Jeff wrote:EA

*Set record uptime of 512hrs without a reset (and still going)
*DNS update sent in, url should start working in 72hrs
*Updated Staff status charts 100,1000, and 10000 min charts to show max # of players logged in between data samples.
The URL seems to be working fine for me now. I was able to connect to both the web site and board using the www.legendofvalinor.com address today.
Maska
World Leader: Fairhaven

Re: CoPaP Development Updates

Post by Maska »

Fairhaven

* Finalized the mapping/coordinate system (makes the main Fairhaven continent capable of mapping ~12k area above ground).
* Assembled Core systems, putting aside until HotU is released to see possible changes in core systems
* Currently building basic maps for 5 major cities
[color=red][size=150][b]Maska[/size][/color][/b]
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

CoPaP

* Launched website to current playerbase of CoPaP
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Nightbringer
Groundling

Post by Nightbringer »

Crimson Stars

*put up a temporary website: http://66.149.142.206

*Made a new logo for the site.
*Posted some stuff at the new forums here on CoPaP ;)

*scripting still in progress, hope to do some alpha testing soon.
[url=http://www.crimsonstars.com]Crimson Stars: Spelljammer Persistant world[/url]
[url=http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/hakpacks/data/1060320751937.shtml]Arcane Space Tileset / Turn Based Spelljammer[/url]
Spelljammer in NWN, ship to ship combat, space piracy, and more!
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

CoPaP

* CoPaP officially launched to the public today

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
hermyt
World Leader - LoT: Moonsea

Moonsea Update

Post by hermyt »

Moonsea

* Random Quest Generation System entered beta testing phase

* Thejester has brought us up to 118 zones active.

* Hak packs added in and integrated.

* New Timestop spell coded bugtested and working

* All fear effects fixed and brought inline with 3rd ed rules

* Factioning system in beta phase of testing

* Persistent merchant system tested and working (probably to be scrapped in favor of the new one in hordes *sigh*)
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

11/28/03 (am):

Post by Orleron »

Avlis

* Added stone dwarf as a custom Avlis race

Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

CoPaP

* Begun work on making the SoU 1.60 version of CoPaPHak. This will also serve as the base for the HoTU version of CoPaPHak.

Themicles
Leader: Tairis'nàdur & CoPaP Hak-Master

Post by Themicles »

Orleron wrote:CoPaP

* Begun work on making the SoU 1.60 version of CoPaPHak. This will also serve as the base for the HoTU version of CoPaPHak.
Don't forget to add any HoTU creatures that are patched to everyone...
(if any). Remember the psuedodragon and fairy dragon from SoU issue?

Travellers
Balancing done in preparation for siege.
Many areas tweaked.
Our first working inn is in place.
Finally working on making the death system unique to our world.
ie. We are getting ready to go through and remove references to Avlis.
Kind of jarring to see "Would you like to return to Avlis?" :)

-Themicles
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

CoPaP

* CoPaPHak2_0.hak is complete, and downloadable from the Avlis FTP site. Feel free to mirror this all you want. Also, check it over and fix any mistakes you find. Hopefully by the time the 1.60 patch comes out, we can go right to this version.

Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

CoPaP

* Finished the custom CoPaP tlk file, will upload soon

* Beginning work on HoTU hakpak for CoPaP

Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

CoPaP:

* Portals to Hala and Rockhome should be fixed now

* Testing new version of VaultSTER that has the polling feature

Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

1/5/04

Post by Orleron »

Avlis

* Added in final bug fixes and features before going to a code freeze

* Code freeze in affect on Avlis until we go to HotU.

Thejester
Ambassador: Moonsea

Post by Thejester »

Moonsea

Hiya people just figured id give u an update.
-up to around 200 levels now with creatures.
-random quest generator up and running .
-Very unique death system completely done.
-all hak packs added and working fine.
Basicly besides the fact we dont have a home page we are ready to go live. so its about time we start the player testing.

If your interested in contacting me for more info email me at thejester350@hotmail.com im more than glad to give u some screen shots of our towering mountains or rolling hills or many other unique screen shots.
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

Avlis

* Fixed a problem with people getting a "Your body is too insubstantial..." message when entering Avlis from Hala.

Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

Avlis

* Avlis now running all servers on Red Golem's ELC checker and a modified version of Red Golem's AutoBic. Custom races are all running smoothly here.

Avlis Custom PC races:
Half-nymph, half-dryad, half-ogre, lizardman, kobold, gnoll, Avlissian orc, centaur, wemic, goblin, ghost elf, drangonari elf, stone dwarf

Avlis Custom PC races coming soon:
Changeling, Dracon, Vasharan, Sereg'wethrin, Urban Sprite, Fairy(maybe)

Races implemented for CoPaP but not available for starting out on Avlis:
Tiefling, Drow, Half-drow, Aasimar, Gold Elf, Wild Elf, Duergar, Svirfneblin, Sun Elf, Ghostwise Halfling, Strongheart Halfling, Wood Elf

These are just implemented as the core CoPaP coding system. Other worlds like Abyss404 have other custom races.

All custom races can be played on all CoPaP servers seamlessly.

Thejester

Post by Thejester »

-up to around 400 levels now.
-random quest generator up and running for those never ending quests :)
-hermyt build a jump item and a grappling both in and looking very cool might i add.
-hermyt added all the haks into a self installing file and uploaded to nwvault yesterday
-Custom death system made up. u go to the asteral planes were its all nice and white and there is a guy standing there that u can talk to .If u have paid your res insurance then he sumons an elemental that goes and grabs your body and brings it to a healer that resurects u . And if u havent paid your insurance then its to hell with u . were u fight your exact clone to gain your life back.

Alot of the server is done. im just going over and fine tuneing now. Started player testing a few days ago. rilly helped alot.found a few tiny bugs that we fixed allready. talked it over with hermyt and we are going to do edleast a month or so of player testing before we are ready.still going to be adding more levels too while doing player testing.have a bit more spare time lately so im looking at around 600 levels by mid feb.
Thejester

Moonsea Update

Post by Thejester »

Dont rilly have to much to update. Im just cracking away at more levels and hermyt is makeing up the web page. we are ready to join right now exept we need that web page up first. not only for the application forms and the forums but also so we can post the massive map we have for moonsea that was taken right out of the forgoten realms atlas. Its all done on a grid system for the seemless area transition system. The hole map is laced with one huge grid and each square is numberd with positive and negative numbers so u can find your way around the server and u allways know were u are. and that also means no more looking for that blue bar to step on to get to the next level instead u can just walk off the edge of eny level that is on the grid system. So far there is about 400 levels on the grid system alone that are on the map. then of course there is the many caves and crypts and tree houses and towers ......ect. The server is up 24/7 and we have been getting alot more players comeing by to check it out lately so we have had a very good chance to fix eny bugs in the mod. there was a few major ones but the mod has been tested prety extensivly now so they have all been fixed.
I have had nothing but raving reviews about me and hermyt's server and i think with bloodmonkeys mountains and swamplands that u can actually sink up to your neck in we are going to be a big hit on copap plus so many other tile sets and haks like beholder caves and Rural hills with hafling holes and the cloak hak so u can see when other chars are wereing cloaks and the tree canopys hak so there is no more of those biowere totem poles that for some reason they thought looked like trees and we have a walkway into the treehouses instead of just a blue bar to get there. But all that is stuff we had added a while ago. the only new thing lately besides more levels is we added a bunch of new monsters. the two i like the most are the owlbear and the treant. treant looks just like out of lord of the rings.
Enyways if enyone wants to know enymore info that i havent provided just pm me . oh and i know that sounds like alot to download but everything is added into one 52meg self installing hak file.
*signed*
Jester Creator Of Moonsea
Jeff

2/20/2004

Post by Jeff »

EA
* New server up and running

* Installed and supporting HOTU

To login direct connect to hanus.is-a-geek.net port 5121
Come by and see us at:
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

CoPaP

* Various textual updates made to front page of copap.org

* Hala/Ea link test a success

* New World In Progress taken on board: Desiderata

Hellfire
Planewalker

Post by Hellfire »

Any web links to this new world? web address.. Forum??

EDIT by Orleron: Desiderata is still in the process of putting up a website. Contact person is Uther Alioth on these boards.
Jeff

3/29/04

Post by Jeff »

EA

* Novus Terrarum and Legend of Valinor staff unite. Staff cross training well underway.

* Farming updated to make use of the spawn system. DM's can add farms in game at will now.

* Added alignment map notes to the chooser to help players find the correct god statue.

* Character files are now saved when they rest.
Come by and see us at: