I just thought of something fun!

Talk talk talk about anything Neverwinter Nights.
Apandapion
CoPaP: Player Coordinator

I just thought of something fun!

Post by Apandapion »

You could implement the frenzied berzerker PrC in NWN! Yes, the most party-destructive PrC ever, bringing it's destruction to NWN! For those who haven't read the complete warrior, the frenzied berzerker is a barbarian on crack. As soon as he gets damaged, he has to make a will save or explode into a destructive rage, killing everything in sight.

So, here's how you could probably implement it:

When the frenzied berzerker gets damaged and fails a will save (is there an OnDamage event in NWN?) , or uses a special trigger item, the frenzy goes off if there are uses per day left.

When it does, make the character imperceptible, blind, deaf, and paralyzed (sort of like the rest state from CoPaP, except immortal and imperceptible). Then use the psychic clone code to make a copy of the character. Set the clone's faction to hostile for every faction. Add the frenzied berzerker buffs, based on PrC level. Set it loose.

When the frenzy wears off, remove all of the status effects and teleport the character to the clone's position. Set the character's hit points to the clone's hit points (or to -1 if the clone is dead). Delete the clone.

There's more stuff to add (like how Frenzied Berzerkers are essentially indestructible in frenzy but can die right after it ends, and how the clone will only go after friends if all enemies are gone), but that's the core bits. And it would be sort of fun to play, in that edge-of-the-seat sort of way - you get hit, you flip out, and come out of it 5 rounds later surrounded by dead enemies ... or friends. Fun.
Kyprioth
Clueless Prime

Post by Kyprioth »

After the PC's character is made imperceptible and all, could you make it that it opens a cutscene for the PC with the camera following his clone? That would then be like when the Frenzy is started, you are watching your character wreak havoc on all nearby, friend or foe.

Just I don't think that every single person will enjoy having their team-mate DP them in nearly every fight, but I don't mind that happening to me :)
Kyprioth
Clueless Prime

Post by Kyprioth »

Oh, right, you want him to not know what happened... My bad
Sarmanos
World Leader: The Grey Wastes

Post by Sarmanos »

I'd like to personally see at least a light implenation of the BoVD's Ur-Priests. Basics are that they are evil clerics that get no domain and hijack subtle amounts of divine energies that the god direct to the followers to get spells. They follow no gods at all and in CoPaP where that matters a lot to a cleric I think it'd be a good idea. Of course that depends on if someone ever codes it which I doubt.