Application Troubles

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
Elurin Dyathi
Noobie

Application Troubles

Post by Elurin Dyathi »

I offer cordial greetings to the denizens of this forum, and a thousand thanks in advance to anyone who responds to this message. I am not a member of CoPaP yet, but I hope to be soon, and that is what this post is about.

More than a week ago now, I submitted an application to join the CoPaP, having been referred here by Derek (Schneidend), a PC in one of my campaigns who those of you who play on Abyss 404 know as Darilis. I have recently become interested in playing Neverwinter Nights more seriously, and in my mind, the best setting to do that in is a persistent world. Of all of these worlds, those offered by the Confederation of Planes and Planets seem to be the best, and I am specifically interested in Abyss 404, even though one of my own PCs would be a far more powerful character than me for once!

Unfortunately, I have not received a response to my application; I am not so arrogant as to simply assume I will be accepted, but I am optimistic about my prospects, and hope to join this group of servers soon. I apologize in advance if waiting for more than seven days is standard as far as applications go, but Derek has said that he received his reply within twenty-four hours, and I am naturally concerned that something happened that prevented my application from being received. I have also e-mailed a staff member with the moniker of "Strangg," whom Derek found mention of in an old post on the Abyss 404 forums. There has been no reply after forty-eight hours -- and again, I apologize if this is simply a matter of all of you being busy.

I can think of several reasons that my application might not have been received: I use a hotmail address -- Vaporous@hotmail.com -- and I know that some PWs, such as Brynsaar, automatically reject applications using that service; after I clicked "Submit," no confirmation page was displayed, and if one is supposed to be, it is possible that the website was not functioning properly when I sent my application; finally, I clicked "Submit" two or three times, due to thinking it had not processed the command correctly due to a lack of any sort of confirmation, and it is possible that you automatically delete multiple applications for the purpose of eliminating obnoxious players. If that is standard procedure, than the lack of a reply is my fault, and I fervently apologize and ask that you reconsider the auto-rejection.

I hope that I posting as I have is not some terrible breach of etiquette, but I am very worried that my application was never received, and do not want to watch my inbox eagerly and expectantly for a message that is not coming. I would definitely appreciate any responses clarifying what, if anything, might have gone wrong.

If all of this is simply a matter of the staff being busy, I apologize, and I will be as patient as I can, though it is difficult to remain so when one is eager -- and I am definitely excited about CoPaP.

Respectfully,

Drew D. Murray
CoPaP Applicant
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people are so full of doubts."
--Bertrand Russell
Themicles
Leader: Tairis'nàdur & CoPaP Hak-Master

Post by Themicles »

I'll direct the attention of those more qualified to answer, to this thread.
In the meantime, don't worry too much. The response to you either got filtered out by e-mail filters, or the person processing the apps may be away right now (though he usually doesn't disappear for multiple days without warning).

Sorry I can't be of much help at the moment.

-Themicles
Elurin Dyathi
Noobie

Post by Elurin Dyathi »

It's reassuring to hear that! Thank you.
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people are so full of doubts."
--Bertrand Russell
Strangg1
Ambassador: Avlis

Post by Strangg1 »

Hotmail and yahoo are notorious for filtering such mails as junk mails. PM me (her or on the avlis boards) the name and e-mail that you put on the app and i'll look into it and resned it. Check your junk folder and you will probably find it there.

~S
It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality.

"You have a way with words... like a sage with a two-by-four" ~ Ava
Elurin Dyathi
Noobie

Post by Elurin Dyathi »

My application issues have been resolved at last, and I even happier to be a member of CoPaP after the continued aid of Strangg, who revealed quite clearly that this is an organization that cares about its players -- and prospective players, for that matter. Perhaps it is merely a matter of him doing his job, but I am very thankful that I was able to work around the usual application process, which was not working for some reason, and earn acceptance into the Confederation.

I look forward to starting a character in one region of the CoPaP, and eventually exploring most of the others as well.

Thankful and Relieved,

Drew D. Murray
CoPaP Member
--Bertrand Russell
RedLoved
Noobie

Post by RedLoved »

Welcome to CoPaP!