Idea for spell name's

Development for CoPaP
xzero1982
Noobie

Idea for spell name's

Post by xzero1982 »

I've been assisting Tissa with entering spell data into the Avlis wiki. Upon doing this, it dawned on me that a few spell names might be best changed to something else. For instance, Mordenkainen's Sword or Disjunction. Morderkainen is from the Greyhawk setting and as far as I know, there are no links to this setting in COPAP. So i'm just suggesting that maybe these spell names could be changed. Only a minor suggestion, I know and I can understand if it's decided not to change due to ICly the names changing over night. Anyways, just an idea I thought i'd pass along =)
Gairus
Groundling

Post by Gairus »

/me wubs it
teleri
World Leader: The Outlands

Re: Idea for spell name's

Post by teleri »

xzero1982 wrote:I've been assisting Tissa with entering spell data into the Avlis wiki. Upon doing this, it dawned on me that a few spell names might be best changed to something else. For instance, Mordenkainen's Sword or Disjunction. Morderkainen is from the Greyhawk setting and as far as I know, there are no links to this setting in COPAP. So i'm just suggesting that maybe these spell names could be changed. Only a minor suggestion, I know and I can understand if it's decided not to change due to ICly the names changing over night. Anyways, just an idea I thought i'd pass along =)
Just a note for all concerned and anyone who never played the Grayhawk campaign world (:

The Names you see attached to spells Mordenkainen, Bigby, Oltulik, Tenser, etc... These were potentially some of the greatedest mages to ever exist in any D&D world much like Eliminster, and Blackstaff of the Forgotten realms. The spells that carry their name do su because these mages traveled many planes and to many Crystal spheres in the prime and all of them taught many many students all of whom taught more each one of these students learned the spells from their masters... If CoPaP has no contact to the rest of the multiverse then the spells these great mages poineeres should not be avalibe to caster (: but I can assure you that all of these mages are well known and have spent much time in the outlands, there are even statues to several of them at various places in Sigil and the outlands.
Cheers,
teleri

Building the Outlands one GateTown at a Time
[url=http://www.greatring.net][color=blue][u][b]The Outlands[/color][/u][/b][/url]
[url=http://www.diterlizzi.com/art/games/planescape/index.html][color=blue][u][b]The Look of PlaneScape[/color][/u][/b][/url]
xzero1982
Noobie

Post by xzero1982 »

Then if it is indeed possible to get from Faerun and other realms through the outlands, then it's not an issue anymore =)
slave.of.emotions
Groundling

Post by slave.of.emotions »

xzero1982 wrote:Then if it is indeed possible to get from Faerun and other realms through the outlands, then it's not an issue anymore =)
The only ferun server went down anyways :( still wish me someone else could host it...
Xeo Bodacea
Planar Sage

Post by Xeo Bodacea »

Spell Name: "Isamu's Temper"

All out griefing, pysco RP and in the end the PC dies as the Player throws a paddy and quits.

I think that be a great spell!

Bwahahaha

I could come up with some names but would you like it more to Avlis or more general like "Ice-Breath"?
Gairus
Groundling

Post by Gairus »

*idly wonders why the greyhawk names were kept but the poor creator of horrid wilting was not*