MySQL Tables

Development for CoPaP
jaythespacehound
Groundling

MySQL Tables

Post by jaythespacehound »

Greetings folks,
Just got MySQL, NWNX2, and the server running, after having a nice slogging match with them ;)
I do however have a couple of questions/problems
Checking the nwnx_odbc.txt log I get the following:

o Connect successfull.
o Got request: SELECT * FROM ars_skills;
! SQL Error: [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4.1.10]Table 'nwn.ars_skills' doesn't exist
o Sent response (-1 bytes):
etc

That makes sense to me as I never created any tables ;)
Ok first question:
Does the [MySQL] in the third line mean it's looking in the Mysql database rather than the nwn database it should be looking in?

Next question ;)
When installing MySQL as according to the Wiki, it told me I need to import the Avlis Shema. I did not do this as I could not find it anywhere.
I guess this is why there's no tables in the database.
Rightyoh, now, I've never used MySQL or any database program before
So how good is it that I got to this? :P

So, if I need it, where do I get the Avlis Shema from,
and otherwise I gues I have to create the tables manually right? *groans*
So...how do I do that?
Thanks!

Jay
Arborea Team
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

Looks like it's using your nwn database, as evidenced by "nwn.ars_skills".

There SHOULD be a table creation text file somewhere on the copap ftp site. Let me know if there isn't. I put one there many times, and it's up to date AFAIK. Filename should be something like "table create statements" or something. You want to paste that into your query window and execute.

Then you might want a dump of our data, which should also be on the ftp site, so you can populate some of the tables, like treasure and crafting.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
jaythespacehound
Groundling

Thanks for the quick reply,
Was too tired yesterday ;)
I'll go have a look when I get home
jaythespacehound
Groundling

Alright, found the grant create statements and started creating tables, was half way when I realised you CAN paste into the command prompt :oops: :? :D
Now I went to look for the avlis Dump, but no luck. In fact, I now only see the two spellhooking files and nothing else. What gives?
Module, NWNX, and MySQL are all working though :D
Had it up for a couple of minutes to test it today, and managed to bleed to death. Sure sign the database is working I think ;)
Thanks again,
Jay
Arborea Team
jaythespacehound
Groundling

Alright, turns out I'm stupid and already had some of them as excel spreadsheets. I have the treasure table done yay :D
Now, I have no idea how to bring the excel tables into the mysql tables.
I have however managed to work out how to do so from a text file, and can import from there.

Question is, is there a quicker way that I'm missing?

Also, the create statements told me to create two recipe tables, and two ingredient tables.

ars_ingredients and acs ingredients and the same prefixes for the recipe ones.
Now, what do I put in each? The same information? One of them asks for a recipe ID and the other for the resref....
Is all this information in the latest recipe file?
In this case Recipes012005.xls?
Sorry, rather confused here.
Jay
Arborea Team
jaythespacehound
Groundling

Alright, now that I'm ambbasadoring lol
I read the documentation on that forum and it seems that I just need to import the erf and initialise it and the recipe's/ingredients get addded to the tables automatically. Am I right in this?

Also still having trouble with the ftp site. Not seing anything except for the 2 spellhooking files outside the folders.
Jay

PS: Sorry to keep bothering you folks, but once I get this done Arborea can get on with the real work ;)
GreyLynx
Clueless Prime

Re: MySQL Tables

Post by GreyLynx »

jaythespacehound wrote: Next question ;)
When installing MySQL as according to the Wiki, it told me I need to import the Avlis Shema. I did not do this as I could not find it anywhere.
I guess this is why ther
The Avlis Schema is found on the user-min site at Systems -> Avlis Teams Private -> DB

Perhaps it could get shuttled to another location, if you don't have access to that site.
jaythespacehound
Groundling

Well right now I'm still seing absolutely nothing on there ;)
Don't have access I think as I'm not Avlis team, so could someone please email it to me?
gblancha@bigpond.net.au
Many thanks!
Jay
Psyco
Planewalker

Post by Psyco »

email sent
jaythespacehound
Groundling

Thanks a lot!
:D