Avlis Psionic monsters and NPC's.

Forum for scripters of NWN material and third party applications.
Starslayer_D
Ambassador: Abyss404

Avlis Psionic monsters and NPC's.

Post by Starslayer_D »

I've noticed that on Avlis, NPC psions and monsters with psionic abilities eem to work well.

Could I inquire how this was achieved, as I am certain other worlds can benefit from true psionic mindflayers and other beings.

Is it via spellhooking, or other scripts, or is it enabled copapwide with the newest haks?
Final Shinryuu
World Leader: The Grey Wastes

Post by Final Shinryuu »

I think Kinarr coded Avlis' psionic AI. I'm sure he'll be glad to offer it up to anyone who asks.
Starslayer_D
Ambassador: Abyss404

Post by Starslayer_D »

*asks*

:)
Themicles
Leader: Tairis'nàdur & CoPaP Hak-Master

Post by Themicles »

I don't think it's done or fully tested to work properly. Feel free to ask, just letting ya know.
"A wise man does not dwell on his past. He learns from it, he grows from it, and then moves ahead into his future." -me
Arkonswrath
Ambassador: Hala

Post by Arkonswrath »

*asks as well*
IceThorn
Noobie

Post by IceThorn »

Yep, it's all Kinarr. He's awesome.

Kinarr's Da Halfling!
Veteran DM for Avlis
Scripter/Spellhooker for Avlis
QA Lead for Avlis
PT DM for Outlands (was ): )
GMT -5/-6 (CDT/CST)
Snow
Ambassador: Avlis

Post by Snow »

Kinarr has (had?) some PC issues. Fastest way to reach him probably is a PM on the Avlis boards.
Psyco
Planewalker

Post by Psyco »

This is done via a custom ai script. So it will not be rolled into spellhooking, and I would doubt it gets put into the CoPaP haks.

afaik it is not yet in a release state, kinarr is using Ferrell as a live testbed for these scripts as he is the module coordinator for that server so he finds it fairly easy to coordinate updates with himself.

If you start seeing NPC psions on servers other than Ferrell then the psion ai scripts have probably reached a point where he is happy with them and they are out of the testing phase.

As Snow said Kinarr has had (or is having) some PC issues, so things have stalled a little.

Hope that is slightly helpfull.
Kinarr
Noobie

Post by Kinarr »

The psionic AI is not done, but it works alright in many situations. As has been noted, I'm not able to do much work at the moment. My hard drive froze up and I'm working from an old computer until I can get a new system going, most likely in a couple of weeks. I lost all my notes and development set up, so all I have left is what was in the Ferrell mod.

I'm not opposed to any world trying the code as-is, but understand that I've had to alter all the power scripts, as well, to support the NPC AI and psionic items. Meaning that you'll have to merge any changes you've made to psionics on your own world with the Avlis version, which is in a state of change itself at the moment. Sorry in advance for any headaches that may cause.

On the other hand, if you want to keep up to date with the same version as Avlis I can simply add the latest import available on the FTP for any world to use.