21-year-old single...

Talk talk talk about anything.
_Wake_
Noobie

21-year-old single...

Post by _Wake_ »

Bushmills 21-year-old single-malt Irish whiskey, which is aged in bourbon and sherry casks befor being finished in madeira drums :D

Question : Anyone know the shelf life of this ?

Was thinking of getting some but was'nt sure if I'd have ta drink it right away or if I could store it for a year or two for a special occasion.
lafferty
Planewalker
Location: look at my hands... they are HUGE. And they cant touch themselves... (AVLIS)

Post by lafferty »

you should be able to keep it shelfed for quite some time...

my sister got a similar whiskey and she stored for over 10 years until we drank it spontaneously... it was really good stuff

but i'm not an expert...not even in drinking :)
_Wake_
Noobie

Post by _Wake_ »

Great thanks, thats what I was curious about perfect.
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

And here I thought you were trying to pick up chicks on the forum already. :P
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
_Wake_
Noobie

Post by _Wake_ »

:lol: I think I'll leave that to the umm urr Moderators *big cheesy smile*
Xeo Bodacea
Planar Sage

Post by Xeo Bodacea »

Nice me like whisky

:lol:

Post by Guest »

actually you could keep it indefinately.. but the best way to keep it that way.. as long as it is not opened. is to keep it in a cool dry place out of the sun. that it will age nicely.. and with age comes greater taste.. so the longer you keep it the older it gets and the better. Just think it started out as 12 year old.. and you save it for 12.. now it is 24 (stating the obvious I know :) ) but I saved a nice bottle of Courvosier and oh man was it good.. I saved it for abouit 15 years and drank it man it was smoooooooth :)
Kip
eggyt
Noobie

Post by eggyt »

Proper single Malt whisky only ages in the cask, as soon as its in a sealed bottle it wont age any further. All you have is a really old bottle of Whisky. The same applies to wine, a lot of people get the misconception that by keeping wine in a wine seller for years their are aging it, when in fact they are often risking wasting the wine. Ask any true wine expert and they'll tell you. You've a good chance of ending up with vinegar tasting wine if you keep it on the shelf for too long. Don't know how it apllies for Courvosier but I've done enough reading, tasting and chatting to the right people to know what I'm talking about with Whisky. But yeah onces its opened you dont want to hold onto it for too long (although I mean years here not months).