Rockhome down lately

Talk talk talk about anything.
terror2001
Ambassador: Greyhawk West

Rockhome down lately

Post by terror2001 »

Anyone know any news of Rockhome lately? Been down for almost a week; even the website seems to go in and out of reachability.
When the website is reachable, looking in the forums there has no news of anything.
Bruno Knotslinger
Ambassador: Greyhawk West

Post by Bruno Knotslinger »

I was out of town when all this went down, so I never was able to get my character ported to another server. I'd like to see it come up for a bit more time (even if it's dead and nothing is going on) if only so that those of us who missed out on the news can get our character data saved on another server.

Post by Guest »

Am having a major problem with getting my character fom Glantri to Hala..Have been trying for days. Everytime I try to log in there is no character on my list and then the server crashes. Can someone please help? I started this character a year ago and hate to lost her.

Gamespy name is: swtenchanted

Character name is: Cyra
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

I am not sure what's happening with Mystara, but I will look into it.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."

Post by Guest »

Orleron wrote:I am not sure what's happening with Mystara, but I will look into it.
Thanks, Orleron!

It's comforting to know that someone official is checking on this. I hope Ferus is ok! In the meantime, this is giving some of us a chance to get to know Avlis a little better--and I, at least, am enjoying what I see :-)
Arkonswrath
Ambassador: Hala

Post by Arkonswrath »

Ferus' online time is minimal at best, he is preparing to leave for bootcamp and for some reason whenever anyone tries to connect to the server via VNC, it crashes the server out... it's currently being looked into.
StoneKilla911

Crashing too

Post by StoneKilla911 »

I too am having problems going to hala, I use a Minotaur from Rockhome but the only thing different about mine is that its stuck on Avlis. Im still trying to get custom with all the differences around Avlis. I've recently tried portalling from Elysia to Hala and when I did that it gave me an older version of my minotaur when I use to travel back and forth. It also put me near the Rockhome-Hala Portal entrance. Now when I try to log onto Hala there is no characters to choose. So I'm just hoping to give you guys some more imput. I've put messages on the hala and avlis websites as well. Hope everything works out ok.

Minotaur
Kyris de-Orilg
Only the Strong Survive
StoneKilla911

woops not done

Post by StoneKilla911 »

Oh ya forgot to say, now I'm not possitve but I think the server crashes everytime I log into Hala with StoneKilla911.
Bigdaddy037
Clueless Prime

Post by Bigdaddy037 »

Elysia to Hala portal is supposed to be closed now. Maybe that "old version" of your minataur is just that, the version of your minotaur from your previous time on Hala?
SinbadSam
Clueless Prime

Post by SinbadSam »

Arkonswrath wrote:Ferus' online time is minimal at best, he is preparing to leave for bootcamp and for some reason whenever anyone tries to connect to the server via VNC, it crashes the server out... it's currently being looked into.
Boot Camp!!!! Oh Boy!!!!

Who will be running Mystara while he is away? Is anyone? Can someone get the Mod and load it on a different machine?
Arkonswrath
Ambassador: Hala

Post by Arkonswrath »

The server will be covered in his absence as soon as he gets the VNC stuff taken care of.
SinbadSam
Clueless Prime

Post by SinbadSam »

Excuse my obtuseness but what is VNC?

So the physical location is not changing?

Who then will do hardware resets on site?

Who will be paying for the ISP fees?

Can someone who will be looking after the server while he is gone,,,Implement the Wemic Fix that Hala found out about.
teleri
World Leader: The Outlands

Post by teleri »

SinbadSam wrote:Excuse my obtuseness but what is VNC?
VNC = Virtual Network Computing ... this is the open standard form remote desktop control. http://www.tightvnc.com/ this is a good version, which I have used for a few years.
Cheers,
teleri

Building the Outlands one GateTown at a Time
[url=http://www.greatring.net][color=blue][u][b]The Outlands[/color][/u][/b][/url]
[url=http://www.diterlizzi.com/art/games/planescape/index.html][color=blue][u][b]The Look of PlaneScape[/color][/u][/b][/url]
SinbadSam
Clueless Prime

Post by SinbadSam »

Ahh now I can see where this is leading, Mystara Mod will remain on Ferus's Server in the place that Ferus used to live.

Then once upon a time, a piece of software will allow remotely located DM's to attempt to keep Humpty Dumpty Server together and or fixed.

**scene below decks in a 2 masted Wanna Be Windy Jammer**

*A very Large Bildge Rat stands up upon its hind legs, sniffs the briney bildge air*

"Avast there fellow bildge rats, this here ship headed on a course that is putting a chill in my bones"

"So away we go, seek out the mooring lines of ships nearby, jump the rat guards they may have put into place"

"May you find a nice ship like the Cutty Sark or such. Where the decks are covered in hard tack and molasses"

*A Very Large Bildge Rat is seen climbing down the mooring line onto an nice schooner*
StoneKilla911

Re: About the Minotaur again

Post by StoneKilla911 »

StoneKilla911
Minotaur
Kyris de-Orilg

Hey sorry I havent been on for a while. I was thinking the same thing that maybe its confusing it with the other one i used on rockhome. Is there any way to fix this. if you could let me know back on this forum.

- Only the Strong Survive
StoneKilla911

over my head

Post by StoneKilla911 »

oh never mind i see where this went with my character. ya that does sound like what happened to my minotaur character. Only one thing though. server seems really i mean reallllly unstable, anytime there is mass stuff going on the server crashes. I dont think it can handle anything other than shopping and portalling, crafting seems to over load it as well.
Alexandru Stanicu
World Leader: Avlis

Post by Alexandru Stanicu »

Then once upon a time, a piece of software will allow remotely located DM's to attempt to keep Humpty Dumpty Server together and or fixed.
Just a FYI, Avlis has used this type of method for several years now with few problems.