Custom Races and PrCs across CoPaP

Development for CoPaP
Tristan_Durst
World Leader: Arborea

Custom Races and PrCs across CoPaP

Post by Tristan_Durst »

Well, I just did a search across all of CoPaP and went through and looked in certain forums, but I can not find an updated complete list of all custom races, and PrCs supported in the CoPaP haks.

We over in Arborea want to do some Custom Races, like I mention in a couple of different links, but would like to know what is alread supported, and their stats if possible.

Some inclusions we are thinking about:
Genesi the half elemental races
Arborian Elves
Arborian 1/2-E;ves
Demi-Eladrine (a BNR)

As for PrCs, I know Avlis has some, but not sure if any other servers do ans if so what are they, if any.

Thanks all,
-Tristan
fate-amenable
Noobie

Post by fate-amenable »

Here are a few from Mystara:

http://www.theknownworld.org/index.php? ... topic&t=81

In particular:

Fire Genasi:
Fire genasi are descendants of fire-elemental related creatures. They have bright mind, but are impatient and quick to anger.
+2 Int, -2 Cha. +1 Save vs Fire. Burning Hands (1/day). Darkvision. ECL 1.

Water Genasi:
Water genasi are descendants of water-elemental related creatures. They have high endurance, but are cold and emotionally distant.
+2 Con, -2 Cha. +1 Save vs Acid. Neutralize Poison (1/day). Acid Splash (1/day). Darkvision. ECL 1.

The linked post has some more detailed information.
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

Just crack open a copy of specialraces.2da and racialtypes.2da and you'll see them all there.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Tristan_Durst

Post by Tristan_Durst »

Thanks for the quick replies....
JollyOrc
Ambassador: Tairis'nàdur

Post by JollyOrc »

Just for the record:

We're building a bunch of custom classes on Catara. They aren't nearly half-finished yet though:

Paladin of Rilos
Paladin of Jaletar
Paladin of Nuagar
Witch Hunter
Brother of the Ring (a highly trained & schooled mage)
Witch Mage (a wild mage variant)

As soon as I get a modeler to join my team, I would love to see two custom races too:

Felidae (large cat-people, roughly ogre sized)
Drago (a lot like the Earthdawn Lizardmen)
bye,
JollyOrc
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

JO, these are PrC's, right?

(I'm assuming.)

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Baron
Ambassador: Ithilla

Post by Baron »

Orleron wrote:Just crack open a copy of specialraces.2da and racialtypes.2da and you'll see them all there.
ah verdy eeenterestink....

I see githyanki and githzerai in there..what worlds (if any) are they being used on? and have there been any issues with them?

Thats a pair of races that hellfire and i am considering for inclusion to Ithilla..

~B
The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words,there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence, but government regulations on the sale of cabbage total 26,911 words.
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

gith races == Abyss404

Celadra
Ambassador: Miranor

Post by Celadra »

I know I've asked about Prestige classes before and I need to wait for the CoPaP team to update their haks, and I need to have my modifications ready for them whenever they do. (Still tweaking with them a bit, the PnP versions need to be toned down a lot, but we're also working with alpha versions of them too)

But what about races with the autobic? Do I need to wait for hak updates for that too?
JollyOrc

Post by JollyOrc »

Orleron wrote:JO, these are PrC's, right?

(I'm assuming.)
We will implement them as PrC's, yes. In theory, I'd be happy to make them core classes, but that's just too darned hard to implement.

We have disabled the stock Bioware Paladin on Catara with the Class & Race Quota Enforcer.
bye,
JollyOrc
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

Celadra, your question is answered in this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=651

slave.of.emotions
Groundling

Post by slave.of.emotions »

as far i remember, giths are as well used on hala.
Gairus
Groundling

Post by Gairus »

Hala allowed most of the races that came default autobic before Abyss404 went live. When Autobic was working it added a lot to the flavour of the island.

Springing immediately to mind are fire/water Genasi, sun/moon/dark/wood/wild elves, githzerai/yanki, aasimar and tieflings, gold dwarves, svirfneblin, ghostwise/strongheart halflings, Duergar.

I cannot recall if some of Abyss404s more exotic beta races like shadlings were included.
teleri
World Leader: The Outlands

Post by teleri »

Outlands uses both of the Gith races as well as Assamar and Tiefling.
Cheers,
teleri

Building the Outlands one GateTown at a Time
[url=http://www.greatring.net][color=blue][u][b]The Outlands[/color][/u][/b][/url]
[url=http://www.diterlizzi.com/art/games/planescape/index.html][color=blue][u][b]The Look of PlaneScape[/color][/u][/b][/url]
Apandapion
CoPaP: Player Coordinator

prcs for mages

Post by Apandapion »

JollyOrc wrote: Brother of the Ring (a highly trained & schooled mage)
Witch Mage (a wild mage variant)
What? PrCs for arcane types that don't involve gimpy arms or gimpy wings? You are my hero.
JollyOrc

Post by JollyOrc »

Catara is a very low-magic world. Of all linked and unlinked CoPaP worlds, it will probably the one with the fewest magic around. No flashy magic for me Sir!
bye,
JollyOrc
CoPaP: Player Coordinator

Post by Apandapion »

JollyOrc wrote:Catara is a very low-magic world. Of all linked and unlinked CoPaP worlds, it will probably the one with the fewest magic around. No flashy magic for me Sir!
You considered taking the magic items of players gating in, sticking them in a box, then giving them back when they portal out? I think a world with low magic would be cool, but try making a world stay that way.
Tristan_Durst

Post by Tristan_Durst »

Stupid question here.. If I wanted to make NPCs of the Custome races are they in the Pallet Tree and where would they be? Also is the hides in the hak as well?

-Tristan
JollyOrc

Post by JollyOrc »

Apandapion wrote:
JollyOrc wrote:Catara is a very low-magic world. Of all linked and unlinked CoPaP worlds, it will probably the one with the fewest magic around. No flashy magic for me Sir!
You considered taking the magic items of players gating in, sticking them in a box, then giving them back when they portal out? I think a world with low magic would be cool, but try making a world stay that way.
this is a touchy subject for many players.

I'll have to figure something out yet.
bye,
JollyOrc
World Leader: The Outlands

Post by teleri »

JollyOrc wrote:
Apandapion wrote:
this is a touchy subject for many players.

I'll have to figure something out yet.
Burn them burn them all their witches!!!!

might want to throw a "curse" on everyone coming through the portal -1 per magic item they are carrying (: or something like that, make them always encoumbered by the magic items (:
dunno just a few thoughts off the top of my head not too serious ... (:
Cheers,
teleri

Building the Outlands one GateTown at a Time
[url=http://www.greatring.net][color=blue][u][b]The Outlands[/color][/u][/b][/url]
[url=http://www.diterlizzi.com/art/games/planescape/index.html][color=blue][u][b]The Look of PlaneScape[/color][/u][/b][/url]
JollyOrc

Post by JollyOrc »

my current thoughts go on making portalling the harder the more magic you carry along.

1st level fighter with no +anything item at all:
Gets a red carpet, free torch and instantly portalled through.

15th level fighter with a bunch of +3 items:
Has to go through a series of quests and may end up on Catara with a few curses after perhaps 4 hours of navigating a dungeon

Epic Mage with Uber items:
Will eventually arrive battered and bloody and a few loadstones after a couple of real life days... :twisted:

Seriously: We probably will allow people to get a chest in the Last Gasp Inn so they can safely store their uber stuff there, and only allow them in if the magic value of an individual item doesn't exceed a certain limit. As we already have chests that can store non-palette items, this shouldn't be a problem :)
bye,
JollyOrc
Ambassador: Miranor

Post by Celadra »

Tristan_Durst wrote:Stupid question here.. If I wanted to make NPCs of the Custome races are they in the Pallet Tree and where would they be? Also is the hides in the hak as well?

-Tristan
I'm not sure if they're in the pallette tree or not. If they're not I think you have to fill in the subrace field. If it doesn't take effect after that, I think you may have to get away with cheesing your NPCs, which is fine and dandy so long as player characters actually goes through the autobic.
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

15th level fighter with a bunch of +3 items:
Has to go through a series of quests and may end up on Catara with a few curses after perhaps 4 hours of navigating a dungeon

Epic Mage with Uber items:
Will eventually arrive battered and bloody and a few loadstones after a couple of real life days...
Acceptable in CoPaP.

Not acceptable in CoPaP. Pulling a Mythos is against the Articles.

Be careful what kinds of things you set up to control magic item traffic. Rule of thumb is that if a player would not be able to explain it IC, or if they would think it's unfairly robbing them, don't do it.

JollyOrc

Post by JollyOrc »

Orleron wrote:Be careful what kinds of things you set up to control magic item traffic. Rule of thumb is that if a player would not be able to explain it IC, or if they would think it's unfairly robbing them, don't do it.
trust me.

However I will regulate incoming magic (be it items or mages), it will have an IC justification, and it will be fair to players.

I think a solution where players can choose to rent a chest and put their "uber" stuff in, in order to have a way to portal out of some place instead of having to go the looong way, in the rightful knowledge that they can get the stuff back later should be acceptable, right ?

Not saying I will do it this way, just asking.
bye,
JollyOrc
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

It really depends on how you do it, man. If you have a big giant golem there that says, "You put stuff in box or me bonk you on head and turn you to mush.", and they have to comply or they can't leave the room or they get killed.... well.... that's really cheesy. If I were a player, I'd be thinking, "What the fuck is this? I'm leaving."

On the other hand, if you had some inventive way that sent the players on a quest and through the course of the quest they had to drop their items for a GOOD reason, then it might be ok.... say some kind of magic/magnetic field that is part of the story that makes them unable to carry their metal items, or something like that, and they had to put them away to get through. Then at least the player can say, "Yeah, this makes sense... I'm in the middle of a good story here, and in order to finish the quest, I gotta do this, or I can choose to walk away and go back." But again, it's all gotta make sense.