The Gray Wastes and the entrapment trait

Temporary board for Miras PW, a world depicting the Grey Wastes of Hades.

Moderator: Miras PW

Sarmanos
World Leader: The Grey Wastes

The Gray Wastes and the entrapment trait

Post by Sarmanos »

Well for those of you who don't know the Gray Wastes has a entrapment trait where you have to make a will save every week and succeed or you become a petitioner of Hades and you are unable to leave the plane as described in the Manual of the Planes. Basically if it were implemented it would prevent a character from portaling to other servers although the question is whether or not to implement this trait as I do realize it could also be very frustrating. Also an alternate method of restoration would be needed sine the wish and miracles spells aren't in NWN.
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

Perhaps you could use a random quest generator? If someone gets changed into a petitioner, they would have to do a quest to undo it?
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Furin
Ambassador: Tolmia

Post by Furin »

Yes, some kind of quest to fix the problem would be good--it'd be a way of turning a bad situation into an (at least mildly) interesting little adventure.
Sarmanos
World Leader: The Grey Wastes

Post by Sarmanos »

I like the possibility of the quest although it looks like I'll have to change the entrapment rules a little since once you get entrapped you are technically hopeless and have no desire to ever try to leave.
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

When it comes down to it, you always have to "tweak" the D&D rules a bit so they fit a computer game PW. It's nothing to worry about honestly. Look at Avlis' death system.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."