Question/Idea: OOC Areas

Development for CoPaP
Celadra
Ambassador: Miranor

Question/Idea: OOC Areas

Post by Celadra »

I was wondering if it would be acceptable to have an area that players can access for OOC conversation/socializing?
Baron
Ambassador: Ithilla

Post by Baron »

Ithilla wont have one...seems to me if you want to chat - get out of game and use a chat client.. dont fill up available slots for real players for chatting.

~B
The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words,there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence, but government regulations on the sale of cabbage total 26,911 words.
WrathoG777
Clueless Prime

Post by WrathoG777 »

We have an IRC channel for avlis. I am sure we could involve all of CoPaP in that same way.
[size=67]
That is my opinion, not nessasarily anyone else's opinon, might just be, but that would be a coincodence, and damnit, sometimes the crap I write is not even my opinion either.[/size]
Flakey
Ambassador: Mystara

Post by Flakey »

Hala, Rockhome, and Outlands have chanels in IRC, on the same IRC server as Avlis
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

CoPaP has an IRC channel too, of course. #copap
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Tristan_Durst
World Leader: Arborea

Post by Tristan_Durst »

Arborea has an IRC preasence as well, just is I think only Teleri and I are the ones in there, and Teleri is more than I am.

Same server as Avlis, and most of the rest of CoPaP.

#Arborea
Starslayer_D
Ambassador: Abyss404

Post by Starslayer_D »

Abyss has an OOC/AFK area one can access via the [afk] command (Talus).
That is the only area where you won't get booted when idle for too long. You get polymorphed, and trading is impossible, but it's a place where you're absolutely free to jaw OOC stuff, or be absent from dangerous areas/spawns while rescuing the kid from the washing machine.. :).

Sometimes I really wish such a place would be avaiable elsewhere, too. Would save on tells ingame, and defenitely allows you to go afk without clothes change.

And yes, you get returned to the spot you left, so it's not a way to escape the spawns you create (no rest area, too...)