What do we do until we can go live?

Private forums for Miras team members.

Moderator: Miras PW

choraldances
Ambassador: The Grey Wastes

What do we do until we can go live?

Post by choraldances » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:53 pm

Sarm, what do we need to do until we can announce it going live?

What is needed? Can I help?

Also, I think Sun wants to know a little about the background of the areas.
Choraldances - Senior DM of Avlis, Project Administrator of Miras - Hades, DM of Outlands.

sunscream
Noobie

Post by sunscream » Mon Dec 06, 2004 7:52 pm

Yeah, any information you have on innocence lost or the history of any of the other areas would be very helpflul.

As for what's needed before going live, I think something needs to be done with the database so monsters begin spawning treasure. (I really don't know about that stuff)

Sarm has said that there are more merchants going in on the next update, which is what from playing and DMing i've seen we need.

choraldances

Post by choraldances » Tue Dec 07, 2004 12:03 pm

DB with treasure system, need to get that somehow.
Choraldances - Senior DM of Avlis, Project Administrator of Miras - Hades, DM of Outlands.

Sarmanos
World Leader: The Grey Wastes

Post by Sarmanos » Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:09 pm

As of now we basically just need the DB running all the tables correctly and some more merchants and we can go live. As far as World Lore goes I've been a bit busy lately but I'll start getting some written up in the next few days if I can. I've already got a few things in mind there. Basic plan though is to get Hades live as soon as possible and then build on it from there.

choraldances

Post by choraldances » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:34 am

sounds good.

I think what Sun's worry about is the use of these areas. So a basic idea of what these areas are for would be all we need to work with :)

choraldances

Post by choraldances » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:01 pm

I think we need the following before we go live. I like to do this bullet stuff.

1) Newbie Quests, Fedex Quests. (This could be set up somehow with the Avlis template). You can use this to teach regarding world lore as well.
2) Treasure drop.
3) some mid-level (4-7) hunting areas.

Then I think we can go live. :)

kombinat
Planar Sage

Post by kombinat » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:57 pm

Any idea where I can get a hold of the latest version of the Avlis fedex system?

sunscream
Noobie

Post by sunscream » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:13 am

kombinat wrote:Any idea where I can get a hold of the latest version of the Avlis fedex system?

I'm not sure how recent it is, but Sarm said the scripts for it are already in the hades mod (I think).