Death system

Private forums for Miras team members.

Moderator: Miras PW

kombinat
Planar Sage

Death system

Post by kombinat » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:11 am

What death system is envisaged for Hades?

choraldances
Ambassador: The Grey Wastes

Post by choraldances » Fri Dec 10, 2004 5:54 pm

asaik, I think it's the avlis system.
Choraldances - Senior DM of Avlis, Project Administrator of Miras - Hades, DM of Outlands.

Sarmanos
World Leader: The Grey Wastes

Post by Sarmanos » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:18 pm

While we do currently use the Avlis death system I want to change around the penalties a bit and also make clerics more important in the process so here's what I'm purposing.

1.You do the death quest, and gain back *half* the exp you lost and you'll lose 5% of your gold.

2.You can choose to respawn next to your body but you gain back NO exp and incur a 25% gold loss.

3.A cleric can cast Raise Dead and you'll get back 3/4 of your exp and no gold loss.

4.A cleric can cast ressurection. This is the only method of raising with no exp loss or gold loss what-so-ever.

Scrolls, rods and whatever of raise dead and ressurection will have the same effect as a cleric but these items won't be anywhere close to readily available except in the very beginning of Hades until we have some consistent cleric players.

As far as whether or not to ditch the deathplanes period I was thinking that anyone who dies might go to the Gloom of Pluton(Third Layer of Hades), The Underworld. This doesn't have to be done. But I would like to see a version of my purposed penalties go in.

MorphlingROR
Clueless Prime

Post by MorphlingROR » Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:27 am

My thoughts on Sarmanos's death system.

In general I really like the idea. Death should be feared and should have some penalty. Also I always thought it's very wrong that raising a character gives more penalties than doing a death quest, which made the clerics useless.

But.. I think gold penalty should go. Here's why:

- Already rich characters will simply store the gold in their persistent chests.
- It will scare people away from Hades
- And most importantly, the value of gold right now on CoPaP is very low as it is. Making it's possession unstable will only give another hit to it's value which is not a good thing.

I suggest if you really want to implement gold penalty, then Hades should also use some sort of bank system.

Sarmanos
World Leader: The Grey Wastes

Post by Sarmanos » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:11 am

Actually Innocence-Lost did plan on having a bank(Mostly for rp flavor and maybe for rogues to occasionally try to steal from ( but as far as implementing a persistent gold only storage system that'd have to be worked out unless the scripts for a persistent bank are already out there.

MorphlingROR
Clueless Prime

Post by MorphlingROR » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:13 am

Sarmanos wrote:but as far as implementing a persistent gold only storage system that'd have to be worked out unless the scripts for a persistent bank are already out there.

Mythos used to have a persistent bank system for gold storage only.