CoPaP Forum Index CoPaP
 A community of linked Neverwinter Nights worlds. 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 
The time now is Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:29 am
All times are UTC - 5
View posts since last visit
View unanswered posts
 Forum index » Archived Forums » Archived Member World Forums » Miras Team
Linking up to other worlds
Moderators: Miras PW
Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts]  
Sarmanos
World Leader: The Grey Wastes

Linking up to other worlds

Alright, one of the things I want to do is not take a lot of time to link up Hades to other CoPaP worlds. Haven't focused on talking to anyone yet about it until we are live but given that Hades is an outer plane, linking is rather easy. Now Abyss is one possibility in the future but they haven't linked to anyone yet. Avlis of course is a good one for obvious reasons, but with three world portals already I'm not sure if it might be allowed. But what input do you three have for ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:12 pm
sunscream
Noobie

Your idea about Hades being reachable through the Avlis Deathplane was a good idea. But like you said, they may not want another portal linked to them. I'll need to read about it, but what of the infinite staircase in Hala?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:45 pm
Sarmanos

Well the Infinite Staircase is pretty much impossible to implement in NWN due to the fact that it is well, a staircase that keeps going. Also Hala doesn't have any area like that right now as well. Though I don't want Hala to be the first world we link to if it can be helped. They simply have too many epics or near-epics running around at this time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:52 pm
MorphlingROR
Clueless Prime

I know I am probably biased in this.. but.. I'd like to see Hades linked to Avlis and preferably this time with a portal acessible somewhere either in Mikona or M'Chek. Mikona would probably also offer more evil PCs than any other Avlis server currently.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:48 pm
sunscream
Noobie

MorphlingROR wrote:
I know I am probably biased in this.. but.. I'd like to see Hades linked to Avlis and preferably this time with a portal acessible somewhere either in Mikona or M'Chek. Mikona would probably also offer more evil PCs than any other Avlis server currently.

That's a good idea, maybe we can put it in the "Evil" Underdark city?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:58 pm
choraldances
Ambassador: The Grey Wastes

sunscream wrote:
MorphlingROR wrote:

That's a good idea, maybe we can put it in the "Evil" Underdark city?

I think this is a very good idea.

Let me ask Orl.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:37 am
choraldances

I think Orl has a better idea.

Orleron wrote:
Linking to Avlis is always the easy way out, and we can always do it at a later time if needed. But I would really like to see you guys link to Abyss, if possible.

Ideally, I would want to have teleri's Sigil linked to Avlis and then have Sigil linked to all the planar worlds, and then have hardly any worlds linked to Avlis except via spelljamming. That way, Sigil would be the hub. One thing you can do is start talking to teleri. He is about just as far away from linkup as you guys. To get you both online and linked and then linked to Avlis would be very cool.

I've been trying for a long time to get Abyss to link, and they drag their feet. I'm not sure why, but I just think it has to do with their leadership not focussing on it. Abyss and Hades make a good link though, even if Abyss' storyline is not typical of that plane. It can be the element of a great plot. Then we'd have teleri link to both ideally.

What Orl's saying is to have Avlis link to teleri's Sigil, and to have planar servers to link to Sigil.

So it'd be

Code:
Avlis ---  Sigil --- Abyss
                 |
              Hades

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:15 pm
choraldances

Any of you have a good relationship with teleri?

If not, I'll go ahead and talk to him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:16 pm
sunscream
Noobie

My only concern is this:

Orleron wrote:
He is about just as far away from linkup as you guys. To get you both online and linked and then linked to Avlis would be very cool.

Is Orleron saying here that Sigil still has a long while before linking up and that we do to? Or is Sigil just about ready to link up? Sorry, I just wasn't aware there was a Sigil PW in the works Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:22 pm
choraldances

So we talk to teleri then. I'll start a dialogue.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:51 pm
Sarmanos

Not a bad idea but some of the other world projects either take so long or drag their feet so much that in the end we might as well have never even talked about linking. So hopefully Outlands/Sigil will actually be completed and maybe Abyss will finally feel like linking up. Although at the current pace it could be up to half a year to a year before Hades is even reachable by the entirety of CoPaP and well....to be blunt I don't want to wait anywhere near that long if it can be helped.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:53 pm
choraldances

Sarmanos wrote:
Not a bad idea but some of the other world projects either take so long or drag their feet so much that in the end we might as well have never even talked about linking. So hopefully Outlands/Sigil will actually be completed and maybe Abyss will finally feel like linking up. Although at the current pace it could be up to half a year to a year before Hades is even reachable by the entirety of CoPaP and well....to be blunt I don't want to wait anywhere near that long if it can be helped.

Me neither.

I remember what Orl said about Copap and worlds. Avlis was out when it only had the city areas in Mikona. And we work from there. And I like that way of doing this.

I'm waiting for teleri's response.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:59 pm
kombinat
Planar Sage

Perhaps one of the other portals in the Black Citadel could temporarily link to Hades... and then when a better path, say through a CoPaP-linked Sigil, becomes possible, the portal from the Black Citadel stops working?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:12 pm
choraldances

kombinat wrote:
Perhaps one of the other portals in the Black Citadel could temporarily link to Hades... and then when a better path, say through a CoPaP-linked Sigil, becomes possible, the portal from the Black Citadel stops working?

That's what Orl said, if we're ready, and sigil isn't. a temp one could go on until sigil's ready.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:35 am
choraldances

teleri wrote:
I have some small code work to do and I should be ready to go. I was rewritting the NWNX!!Send protocal when I got sick so I have to finish that but otherwise I am ready to link.

If you would like you can check out my world. To link I would build out the town of Hopeless the gate to the Grey Wastes or we could go with a root of Yigdrissil as the linkway.

I could link shortly after the holidays.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:15 am
choraldances

Looks like we can link up anytime soon. But now WE have to be ready.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:15 am
sunscream
Noobie

choraldances wrote:
teleri wrote:
I have some small code work to do and I should be ready to go. I was rewritting the NWNX!!Send protocal when I got sick so I have to finish that but otherwise I am ready to link.

If you would like you can check out my world. To link I would build out the town of Hopeless the gate to the Grey Wastes or we could go with a root of Yigdrissil as the linkway.

I could link shortly after the holidays.

The idea of Hopeless is great. For those of you who don't know, for each outer plane there is a city in the outlands that leads there. Hopeless is the one that links to Hades.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:38 pm
Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts]  
 Forum index » Archived Forums » Archived Member World Forums » Miras Team
Jump to: