CEP stuff in singleplayer and CEP mods

Forum for scripters of NWN material and third party applications.
akumadaimyo
Clueless Prime

CEP stuff in singleplayer and CEP mods

Post by akumadaimyo »

Im interested in learning to script and make a asian world. However I dont know how to script. I can make items easy enough HOWEVER the stupid NWN wont save my things! It keeps telling me I need a starting area when I have one!

Also when I add all the CEP stuff to the mod Im trying to make I keep getting the scripting for NPCs stuck in the area for the items!

Lastly how can I transfer any CEP stuff into single player games? I hate the lack of any real asian weapons, clothes or armor. I also hate how the katana looks and that you use it with one hand. It would look far cooler with two hands. The ninja-to was also commonly used with two hands or at least it would look cooler that way.

So if any cool scripter good people could help me out that would be great. I really really want to make my own asian world.
akumadaimyo
Clueless Prime

Post by akumadaimyo »

Dont everyone jump to help me all at once or anything. :(
JollyOrc
Ambassador: Tairis'nàdur

Post by JollyOrc »

the things you mention there are very vague, and not all done by scripting.

That Katana thing is actually a modelling issue for instance.

Adding CEP stuff into single player game involves opening the single player mod in the toolset and adding CEP as custom content...

"how to script"

There are a good deal of scripting tutorials on the web. Pick your own :)

Having an area alone is not enough, you need to put the start location placeable into it too.
bye,
JollyOrc
Ambassador: Catara

Post by Sindol »

It's always nice to see such enthusiasm for NWN. It's why we're all here afterall. I do advise you to learn to walk before you can fly though. You seem to have only a very basic grasp of the toolset and by your own admission no real scripting knowledge. Diving headfirst into making a complete world would only mean setting yourself up for a lot of headache. I'd start with some of the excellent tutorials on the web and see if you can master what's shown there. There's a lot of experienced developers here, but most of them are busy enough making their own worlds without having to teach the very first steps to others.
Also when I add all the CEP stuff to the mod Im trying to make I keep getting the scripting for NPCs stuck in the area for the items!
Not exactly sure what you mean by this, but I'd guess that you forgot to attach the CEP tlk table file.
Lastly how can I transfer any CEP stuff into single player games? I hate the lack of any real asian weapons, clothes or armor. I also hate how the katana looks and that you use it with one hand. It would look far cooler with two hands. The ninja-to was also commonly used with two hands or at least it would look cooler that way.
Resources can be exported from one module and imported into another. Find these functions under the file-menu. Be careful that the mod in which you're importing has the haks required for the resources attached, otherwise your resources will show up faulty or not at all in game and might even crash your toolset if you try to open them in there.
So much fun,
yet so little time to enjoy it.
- Sindol
akumadaimyo
Clueless Prime

Post by akumadaimyo »

Its cool on the CEP stuff in single player. I found a program that does all that for me. Yeah I've heard scripting is incredibly tough. But it sounds fun if you know how to do it. I just notice a distinct lack of any asian worlds on the servers. It would be great to find some packs for that with clothes, armor, skins and buildings. Monsters too would be nice.