Characters & Planar Travelling :)

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
Pekarion
Noobie

Characters & Planar Travelling :)

Post by Pekarion »

How many characters have been to ALL the CoPaP worlds. Pek has been to all of them except EA and Abyss404 and I feel like I've travelled the universe. And I've certainly learnt alot during these travels. So I just wondered what the statistics were for this :wink:
Drakuul
Groundling

Post by Drakuul »

Been to all but Ea and Abyss and Tairus - although one day I'll find out IC how to get there and pop over to have a look.
*Your superior intelligence can not defeat my puny weapons*
Cath
Noobie

Post by Cath »

Ayiree has been to Rockhome, Hala and Tairis'nàdur and has information how to get to Moonsea but haven't had time yet.
She's mapping the world so she has to go :)
Khaelindra
Groundling

Post by Khaelindra »

Divinia has travelled from Avlis to Rockhome and Hala,
Amber has travelled from Avlis to Hala,
Silk has travelled from Hala to Avlis,

Divinia's waiting for the Tairis'nadur tour to be given by Ayiree, and personally i'm dying to be able to go and see Abyss404 with her. Abyss404 seems such a cool world to play on, but i just can't make myself choose from all those weird and even weirder races. :lol: :oops:
markschouten
Planar Sage

Post by markschouten »

K'Lari has seen all the worlds, except Glantri on Mystara. Most of my other chars aren't really into plane traveling, except my Wizard. Who came from Hala, and saw Avlis and Mystara - Rockhome.
I, myself, have played for a while on all of the worlds with different chars.
Silk
World Leader: Avlis

Post by Silk »

Khaelindra wrote:Silk has travelled from Hala to Avlis
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :!: :!: :!:
-Silk
Sarrena
World Leader: Abyss404

Post by Sarrena »

Races will be seeing a facelift and the debu of two new ones.

Blackrose evles

Shrooms (Working name)
Pekarion
Noobie

Post by Pekarion »

Yeah, I've been to Glantri as well. I don't think I want to go to Abyss404 :P seem scary
Hydromancerx
World Leader - LoT: Maztica

Tabaxi and Kyote

Post by Hydromancerx »

Shrooms (Working name)
Those Myconids (mushroom people)?

BTW Maztica is working on 9 unique races/subraces.

1. Mazticans (Subrace Human - Aztec)
2. Payit (Subrace Human - Short Mayan)
3. Dog People (Subrace Human - Wild Desert)
4. Sandbeard Dwaves (Subrace Dwarf - Wild Desert)
5. Pasocada Elves (Subrace Elf - Wild Plains)
6. Smallfolk (Subrace Halfing - Aztec)
7. Greenfolk(Plant Humanoids - Veggiepygmy)
8. Tabaxi (Jaguar Humanoids - NEW Model)
9. Kyote (Coyote Humanoids - NEW Model)

You can see what they look like here

Maztica Races
http://rom.rpgs.sytes.net/races.htm

Tabaxi and Kyote Creation Progress
http://forum.rpgs.sytes.net/viewtopic.php?t=30

Enjoy :)

Hydro ~
Khaelindra
Groundling

Post by Khaelindra »

Silk wrote:
Khaelindra wrote:Silk has travelled from Hala to Avlis
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :!: :!: :!:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You'd be amazed how many TELLS i get from people assuming i am you when i'm online with her... :lol:

I even got some strong words from Prophesy67 about "Silk" chastising him about sexual references in communication... :roll:

Ah well, at least i'm not called Psycho. Now THAT man gets his name abused a lot more... :wink:
Arond
Noobie

Post by Arond »

Nadrin has been to Hala, Rockholm and Taris so far. Looking forward to Moonsea one of these days.
Dehval
Noobie

Post by Dehval »

Dehv has been to Mystara, Avlis, Hala & Moonsea

Looking forward to Abyss404 :D
kombinat
Planar Sage

Post by kombinat »

Sand has been to every linked world (ie not EA or Abyss404)... I love it, any one world is too small for me, it's refreshing to travel around :)
MorphlingROR
Clueless Prime

Post by MorphlingROR »

My main has been in Hala, Rockhome, Tairis, and is an Avlis native.

My alt has been in all worlds currently linked by portals and is a Hala native.
Wyrmwing
Clueless Prime

Post by Wyrmwing »

My main has occassionally been to Hala in a party, but has always returned to Avlis soon after. She has no real desire to see other worlds, there is enough for her to do on Avlis.
Roaming on Avlis
Canadian Canuck

Post by Canadian Canuck »

Is Abyss404 linked to other worlds yet?
Canadian Canuck

Post by Canadian Canuck »

Ignore my post above.
terryrayc
World Leader: Arkaz

Post by terryrayc »

hum, Grano has been to rockhome and hala....really need to visit the others....just never have the time it seems.
Defender
Noobie

Post by Defender »

I have personally been to Avlis, Hala and Abyss404 (though recently it seems to be down for about a week now)

I have a question concerning the traveling from world to world. Would it be possible to have a quest that spans from world to world?? I would love to sit at the computer for hours just walking around and seeing the awesome sites of the different worlds.

Also, I have noticed that the worlds are linked, though when I am within Avlis, I can jump from one server to another and loose nothing between them, but when I am in say, Hala, and port over to Avlis, my characters XP and condition stays in Hala until I actually transfer over to Hala again (no logging directly to Hala and getting my character that was just in Elysia the night before)

Just wondering if this is just the "way it is" or what. And if it will stay this way in the future.

Thanks, Defender
myzmar
Noobie

Post by myzmar »

Heh, the character I play lives partially on Rockhome / partially on Avlis (mainly Wilderness and Elysia surroundings). He has yet to see more. Another character that I recently gave up playing (he will die ingame in about 1 rl week, hope to make him a nice funeral) has been to Avlis, Rockhome and Hala. Still need to see more!
Sindol
Ambassador: Catara

Post by Sindol »

Defender wrote: I have a question concerning the traveling from world to world. Would it be possible to have a quest that spans from world to world?? I would love to sit at the computer for hours just walking around and seeing the awesome sites of the different worlds.
Possible, yes. But not common. Each server has a different team and different DMs, which works closely together. Getting those seperate teams to work together is the next step of course, but it's proving to be a difficult one at times. We're getting there though. :)
Defender wrote: Also, I have noticed that the worlds are linked, though when I am within Avlis, I can jump from one server to another and loose nothing between them, but when I am in say, Hala, and port over to Avlis, my characters XP and condition stays in Hala until I actually transfer over to Hala again (no logging directly to Hala and getting my character that was just in Elysia the night before)

Just wondering if this is just the "way it is" or what. And if it will stay this way in the future.

Thanks, Defender
This is where you have to start distinguishing between CoPaP worlds.

The 6 Avlis servers are one CoPaP world and are on one and the same network. This means that it's easy to share the servervault between those servers. Each time your character is retrieved it's from one location on that network, so it's always the most recent.

Hala is a seperate world though, and on a completely different network, located physically in another country even. This means their servervault is on their network and only by actually portalling can you get him there from Avlis and back again.

Should this feeble attempts at a technical explanation be too much, then just remember the golden rule of CoPaP travel, where ever you might come or go:
Just log on to the server you last logged out from and all will be alright.
So much fun,
yet so little time to enjoy it.
- Sindol
Defender
Noobie

Post by Defender »

Thank you for the non technical response, and also a speedy one at that. It's good to know someone out there can explain something to me so well with my lack of computer knowledge.

Thanks, Defender