Item properties...

Forum for builders of NWN material.
Teibidh
Clueless Prime

Item properties...

Post by Teibidh »

Okay, a couple of things have been bothering me since I started really diving in to the toolset... The most troublesome right now is the inability to alter the base properties for a custom item.

I have a need to create a weapon that uses the double-axe model that will be wielded by a small creature. Since it is a smaller design it only does d6 damage instead of d8, but is also a medium sized weapon instead of a large. Only problem is that certain stats come from the base item type and aren't modifiable in the normal item properties dialogue for editing. How can I work around this _without_ having to use hak paks?
You'll see me in Hell? I'm quite sure. Just head for the center. I'll be the guy sitting on the throne with the cold beer in one hand, your sister in the other and your mom as a footrest.
Jordicus
World Leader: Avlis

Post by Jordicus »

as far as I know, there is no way around the size limitations without using a hakpack to alter the necessary 2DA files.

I have tried many times in my efforts to make custom halfing weapons. :evil:
"Wow. I can hear my brain." - The Tick
hermyt
World Leader - LoT: Moonsea

ask red golem

Post by hermyt »

just ask red golem, he knows some tricks for getting large sized weapons into the hands of the small, I'm not sure to what degree he knows about modifying properties, but he's got a pic on his sight of a halfling wielding a double axe and it says in the caption that its sans hak packs so he'd be the guy to ask about that. Or if you felt ambitious you might be able to find info on the vault.

http://abyss404.d2g.com/article.php?13.0

there's a pic there, maybe message him and see what he has to say.
Teibidh
Clueless Prime

Post by Teibidh »

Well, that's convenient enough. The erf, which is complete save for that little detail, is an area destined for Layer 404 anyway... so I'll let him fix it :P
You'll see me in Hell? I'm quite sure. Just head for the center. I'll be the guy sitting on the throne with the cold beer in one hand, your sister in the other and your mom as a footrest.