Cannot find a hak pak for The Nine Hells server

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
Fallen_Chrome
Clueless Prime

Cannot find a hak pak for The Nine Hells server

Post by Fallen_Chrome »

I cannot find lom_sky1_0.hak, been looking everywhere for it. Its the only hak I need to play on the server but no site I can find actually has it. Anyone know where to look?
Ferus
World Leader: Mystara

Post by Ferus »

Ive presently have sent 4 new hakpaks to nwvault and am awaiting the addy for the downloads, will post a link here when ready, should be sometime today, in a side note
the nine hells server is atm a 6 area server, running on TTV rules not the death rules on Rockhome, and the penelty for dieing is in a way.... hell (xp and gold penelty)
and use the server for DM run plots , not open access atm.
the new haks added will be
lomsky1_0.hak (skyboxes)
lomload1_0.hak (Mystara loadscreens)
poglantri2_1.hak (updated hak for glantri)
eoalfheim1_0.hak (hak for elves of alfhiem server, in development also only used for DM campaigns)
targeting CoPaP member readyness for the hells and alfheim is about a month, Glantri within the next week, its moved out of Alpha testing into Beta testing.
all haks are using DDS graphics now, (accept the loadscreens, wasnt able to use DDS instead of TGA )
sorry for any inconveniance this has caused.

Play Long Live Hard
Ferus
[url=http://www.theknownworld.org]Lands of Mystara[/url]
Kevin5656
Noobie

Post by Kevin5656 »

Is whatever the bug that was causing my wemic to be unable to log on going to be fixed in the new haks or must I wait a big longer to travel back to Rockhome.
" And the lord said...Oh My... and vansished into a puff of logic "
Themicles
Leader: Tairis'nàdur & CoPaP Hak-Master

Post by Themicles »

Kevin, we talked about this in IRC.

Its not an issue of hakpaks, as it is an issue with the AutoBic assigning Beast levels to the Wemic.

Now, if the server you are trying to go to does NOT use a custom Enforce Legal Characters checker... then you WILL get rejected.

If the server you are trying to go to DOES use a custom Enforce Legal Character checker, then you SHOULD be able to go there.
If not, then report it as a bug to the leader of that world, so they can check that their ELC is configured correctly.

At the moment, there is nothing that can be done in the hakpaks.
I am working with someone on a solution, but part of this is convincing the right people that the solution is worth doing... and despite what they think, is a 90% transparent change.

-Themicles
Ferus

Post by Ferus »

Kevin

can you tell me the day you where on, and Ill check the logs
I am using the autobic applet by Red Golem, and the problem did happen when I added the new haks.
I did have the new haks in the wrong order, presently doing another rebuild with the new haks and changing the order, so that may help

we'll see

Ferus
Fallen_Chrome
Clueless Prime

Post by Fallen_Chrome »

So The Nine Hells is currently not open to the general public? Damn, anyway I could possibly have a tour of the server? Been playing Planescape since release back in the mid 90's and was nearly freaking out when I saw someone had made a Baator PW.
Ferus

Post by Ferus »

Im hoping on getting it public in about 2 months (give or take).I usually DM a couple times a week, n back on occation.
best thing I can say is come on by rockhome, get to know the area.

Ferus