CoPaP / Avlis - dead / malware

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
rollory
Noobie

CoPaP / Avlis - dead / malware

Post by rollory »

Two issues.

1) navigating to avlis.org, or searching for it in google, gives malware warnings. This has been the case for at least a month. Was not the case 6 months ago.

2) the contact link at the bottom of the "General" section of links on the CoPaP home page gives a 404. (Which is why I'm making this post instead of trying to contact people directly)

Who's maintaining all this?
Themicles
Leader: Tairis'nàdur & CoPaP Hak-Master

Post by Themicles »

CoPaP.org is not owned by nor maintained by the same people that own and maintain Avlis.org. The now defunct Contact page here is not the appropriate place to get a hold of Avlis staff. If you're concerned about a malware warning and don't want to try to contact Avlis staff at their website, you may try IRC. The best address to use for Stratics IRC these days is irc.gamers-irc.org and the channel to join would be #avlis.

I believe the staff@avlis.org e-mail address also should work.

FYI, I tested with Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer with and without Avast's add-on running. None report anything to do with malware. You should run a virus scan yourself and verify that you don't have malware on your own computer attempting to redirect your connection to a hostile server, or insert hostile code into web pages you load.
"A wise man does not dwell on his past. He learns from it, he grows from it, and then moves ahead into his future." -me
TripleAught
Planewalker

Post by TripleAught »

Thank you for letting us know about this. We haven't had any other complaints about this kind of warning to the Avlis site. I will monitor to see if anyone else has this issue, but right now like Themicles says, it would be a good idea to check your own computer.