A Linux Vaultster Test

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
Themicles
Leader: Tairis'nàdur & CoPaP Hak-Master

A Linux Vaultster Test

Post by Themicles »

Want to help test Linux Vaultster so we can get our portals restored? Here's information you'll need!

Twin Cities Vaultster Test
Server: tairistest.tairisnadur.com:5135
PlayerPass: (same as Tairis'nadur. Ask me in #copap on IRC if you forgot)
Required Haks: http://www.tairisnadur.com/portal.php?page=files

North Road Test
Server: travellers.dnsalias.net:5131
PlayerPass: (same as Tairis'nadur. Ask me in #copap on IRC if you forgot)
Required Haks: http://www.tairisnadur.com/portal.php?page=files PLUS: http://www.tairisnadur.com/files/tairis_tiles-alpha.rar
"A wise man does not dwell on his past. He learns from it, he grows from it, and then moves ahead into his future." -me
Themicles

Post by Themicles »

This testing requires multiple players to be on at once. We've tested the heck out of a single player being on, and it works fine.

Multiple people poking the portal at once is a good test.
Multiple people saving/resting at various intervals when someone tries to portal is another good one.

And to verify that you're portalling correctly, always change your appearance such as removing armor, equipping a weapon, putting on a helmet, etc.
"A wise man does not dwell on his past. He learns from it, he grows from it, and then moves ahead into his future." -me
Themicles

Post by Themicles »

If you've ever been on Tairis'nadur and want to test with an existing character, log into Twin Cities Vaultster Test first.
Themicles

Post by Themicles »

Another note:
Please don't portal with the horses. They're on North Road Test so I can get around faster while I build it, and are not meant for actual testing.
Themicles

Post by Themicles »

Thanks to the testers.
The current round of testing is currently over.

We have some issues to resolve before round 2. I'll let you all know when that is.
Psye Shaar
Planewalker

Post by Psye Shaar »

Don't mean to pester, but how are things coming on? Anymore testers needed etc?
Themicles

Post by Themicles »

I've already put my stamp on Linux Vaultster and sent it back to PJ for release.

There is some preparation to do before CoPaP can update to the new versions (there was a bug fix to CoPaP's version of Windows Vaultster during all this testing as well).