Copap Hak Order

Development for CoPaP
teleri
World Leader: The Outlands

Copap Hak Order

Post by teleri »

The haks you added should be after the common resources which should look like this...

"World_specific_hak"
copaphakx_x
cep1patch150
cep1patch
cep2da
cepanatomy
cepbaseitem
cepcreature
cepplace
cepportrait
ceptexture
universalhak_x_x
Hak_you_add_01
Hak_you_add_02
Hak_you_add_03
Hak_you_add_04
Hak_you_add_05
Hak_you_add_06

and the TLK file needs to be:
copaptlk_x_x

Please make an Anouncement or Sticky.

Updated to meet below specs.
Last edited by teleri on Fri May 06, 2005 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tristan_Durst
World Leader: Arborea

Re: Copap Hak Order

Post by Tristan_Durst »

teleri wrote:The haks you added should be after the common resources which should look like this...

"World_specific_hak"
copaphakx_x
cep1patch152
cep1patch150
cep1patch
cep2da
cepanatomy
cepbaseitem
cepcreature
cepplace
cepportrait
ceptexture
universalhak_x_x
Hak_you_add_01
Hak_you_add_02
Hak_you_add_03
Hak_you_add_04
Hak_you_add_05
Hak_you_add_06

and the TLK file needs to be:
copaptlk_x_x

Please make an Anouncement or Sticky.
Just doubled checked the CEP builder's guide for the 1.51 patch, this is the order that you need. See bold.
Last edited by Tristan_Durst on Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Themicles
Leader: Tairis'nàdur & CoPaP Hak-Master

Post by Themicles »

Yes, the cep1patch.hak still needs to be used below any of the newer patch haks.

-Themicles
"A wise man does not dwell on his past. He learns from it, he grows from it, and then moves ahead into his future." -me
Defender
Noobie

Post by Defender »

Can someone explain to me exactly what it does to have the Haks in a certain order?

I have ben playing for quite a while now, and this is the first I've heard of this.

Can I just move the haks around in my folder to place them in the correct order, or do I need to empty out my hak folder and re-install each hak into a new folder?

Curious,
JollyOrc
Ambassador: Tairis'nàdur

Post by JollyOrc »

This is important for builders. The order referred to here applies to the Aurora Toolset, not the files in the folder on your hard disk.

As a player who isn't building anything for CoPaP, you can ignore this thread.
bye,
JollyOrc
Noobie

Post by Alzarian »

I'm thinking of building and submitting a new world for inclusion in copap and I would like to use newer content.

Will the copap hak 5_0 and copap tlk 4_7 work with CEP 2.2?

If not, is there a way to harmonize them?

Thanks!
JollyOrc
Ambassador: Tairis'nàdur

Post by JollyOrc »

Alzarian wrote:I'm thinking of building and submitting a new world for inclusion in copap and I would like to use newer content.

Thanks!
CEP 2.2 won't probably be used within CoPaP for a while as far as I know.

You can use any newer content haks you like, as long as it only applies to tilesets, placeables and creatures that can't use the portals. (If you plan to support Changelings, YMMV even with the creatures)

Any items need to be available CoPaP-wide, so including them is a CoPaP-wide effort, aka not easily made. You'd need to at least alter these haks and probably even the already existing content, in case the changes from CEP 1 to 2 have altered something within the 2da orders. If the latter is the case, it's way too much work to do the switch.
bye,
JollyOrc
Leader: Tairis'nàdur & CoPaP Hak-Master

Post by Themicles »

Alzarian wrote:I'm thinking of building and submitting a new world for inclusion in copap and I would like to use newer content.

Thanks!
CoPaP has discussed, and rejected, CEP 2.x as a whole integration several times, in several places both private and public.

The conclusion reached each time is that we feel there is too much extra and even very low quality, stuff that just would not get used. CoPaP is already extremely heavily hak laden especially when you add each world's tileset haks and whatnot.

Unfortunately, a single CoPaP world cannot choose to use CEP 2.x without the rest of CoPaP. The reason for this are appearances, heads, and any sort of item of any item type. The second a player tries to portal to another CoPaP world that's missing those things, there will be problems.

At the worst, the player will have an appearance not available on that server and be invisible to other players, themselves, their camera wont follow the invisible character, and if you manage to transition your client will crash.

At the least, the player will have an object in their inventory that doesn't have a proper inventory icon. The player will try to manipulate this part of the inventory and potentially crash their client. Or it's a weapon with a CEP 2.x part that the world doesn't have, and that part of the weapon turns into a large sack.

CoPaP is going through a hakpak revision right now to bring the CEP version we use, and our own CoPaP-specific changes into line. This will turn into a CoPaP named set of haks that will completely replace our CEP usage. Once this is tested and all worlds are running it, we will be a bit more free to add new content on an individual basis if all worlds agree (since all worlds would be required to take on the extra load of it).
"A wise man does not dwell on his past. He learns from it, he grows from it, and then moves ahead into his future." -me