Mmmm Fresh Meat!

Talk talk talk about anything.
Perpetual Myth
Noobie

Mmmm Fresh Meat!

Post by Perpetual Myth »

Well met, I just joined up and I'm looking at starting on Avlis. This is pretty much my last ditch attempt with NWN having had my last server implode through DMs going missing and consequently the playerbase. Still, I've had my money's worth from NWN so far, that 30 quid has stretched across a good few years, haha :D

Hope to see you all soon :)

P.S - Any tips and hints specific to this environment would be welcome.
Themicles
Leader: Tairis'nàdur & CoPaP Hak-Master

Post by Themicles »

Avlis is still going strong and is in no danger of imploding any time soon. ;)

My tip would be to understand the rules for the world you intend to play on before logging in, and get a good feel for the world information as well. A common mistake is to make a character on Avlis claiming it's from some other D&D setting that's not even linked in CoPaP. A quick read of Avlis' world information would reveal that it is it's own world, and that characters created on it are expected to be native to that world.

Another, more common, mistake is choosing a deity that isn't a part of the world you're playing on.

If Avlis is the server you intend to play on, you should start with Avlis Player Guide.
"A wise man does not dwell on his past. He learns from it, he grows from it, and then moves ahead into his future." -me
Perpetual Myth
Noobie

Post by Perpetual Myth »

Thanks for the reply :) I'd read most of the stuff whilst downloading bits and bats but I'm unsure as to whether avlis will be the best thing for me now. I notice theres not too many players and them being spread over many servers would really hinder communicating at all. Bit worried that I'll end up sat in a server by myself trying to bash monsters, which is the situation I came from, haha.

Any avlis players here who reckon it will be different?
Da'emona
Ambassador: Arkaz

Post by Da'emona »

On Avlis like on any other world a lot depends on your play time, GMT wise. My Arkaz main was on Avlis on this past Saturday and there were over twenty on the Elysia server when the DM kicked off a little event in the sewers.. There are also common meeting places where characters congregate such as the Rock in Mikona , Elf Gate in Elysia or Zvid in the Wilderness.

The best I could suggest is give it a shot and test the waters. A lot also depends if you are migrating a character or creating a new one. You will find a vast number of the people who play there quite helpful as well.

You can try other worlds as well.

*points to title*
Perpetual Myth
Noobie

Post by Perpetual Myth »

Again, thanks for the reply. I'll see if I can get some time in this weekend. :) Cya there.
szabot
Planewalker

Post by szabot »

Being new to Avlis, and being worried about not having many people to play with, I'd recommend that you start on the Elysia server there. It may be the most newbie-friendly server, and is also probably the most consistently populated at present.

Welcome to CoPaP! :D