The CoPaP needs a Second Renaissance and a Major Remakeover

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
Zenosaga
Noobie

The CoPaP needs a Second Renaissance and a Major Remakeover

Post by Zenosaga »

The CoPaP is in major need of updates and revisions. I suggest updating to the CEP v2, possibly combining the CoPaP and Universal Hakpaks, and at least consider implementing the PRC Pack v3.1c & PRC Server Pack v1.7.

Thoughts? Feedback?
[i]"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."[/i]

[url=http://www.serenadawn.com/]Serena Dawn Spaceport - The largest FREE RPGs online.[/url]
Final Shinryuu
World Leader: The Grey Wastes

Post by Final Shinryuu »

No way in hell I'm implementing the PRC packs.
There is some content in the CEP2 I like, but far, far more I abhor, and do not want cluttering up my module. There's enough junk in there from the original CEP already.
Zebranky
Ambassador: The Grey Wastes

Post by Zebranky »

Worlds are free to implement certain portions of CEP2 content as they see fit, and other portions can be introduced CoPaP-wide if nobody objects. However, integrating the whole thing would cause issues.

The CoPaP and Universal haks are intentionally separated. To be simplistic, 2das go in copaphak, while models/textures/other large content goes in universal. This is by design, and there is no reason to change it.

PRC has already been addressed.
Themicles
Leader: Tairis'nàdur & CoPaP Hak-Master

Re: The CoPaP needs a Second Renaissance and a Major Remakeover

Post by Themicles »

Zenosaga wrote:...possibly combining the CoPaP and Universal Hakpaks...
The CoPaP Hak often gets updated with no Universal Hak update necessary. If we were to combine them, you'd have to download the entire size of both, every single time, even if no model/art content was updated.

As for CEP 2.0, we have technical implementation reasons for not going with CEP 2.0 at this time. Not to mention the bloat already commented on by others here.

The PRC is something *all* worlds would have to agree on. And currently, they don't. It is not likely it'll ever be added to CoPaP.
Zebranky wrote:Worlds are free to implement certain portions of CEP2 content as they see fit, and other portions can be introduced CoPaP-wide if nobody objects. However, integrating the whole thing would cause issues.
Be careful what you say Zebranky... You'll give people the wrong idea.

If a world wants to extract certain *non-player content* from CEP 2.0, and include it in their world specific hak, that's okay. This means monsters and placeables only, pretty much. Anything that a player character can wear, carry, choose as a head, etc, cannot be added without CoPaP-wide implementation.

Now I know that you know this, but those with less knowledge of hak paks might have gotten the wrong idea from your comment and thought that a single world could choose to install CEP 2.0 without the rest of us, and merely use only certain parts.
"A wise man does not dwell on his past. He learns from it, he grows from it, and then moves ahead into his future." -me
Idonia
Planewalker

Post by Idonia »

No way could I ever play on any CoPaP world that tried to implement the whole of CEP2. I've tried to download it multiple times and there just isn't enough room. I only got as far as two downloads before my hard drive was FULL. A little content from CEP 2? Fine. Not an entire one of those ridiufreakinglous haks.

Though it's already been hammered, I like to think I cracked the wood nailing that into it a bit more.