Sigil City of Doors: New world in progress needs strong team

Forum for the posting of needs for Staff members and for poeple intersted in voluntering
Mabus
Planewalker

Sigil City of Doors: New world in progress needs strong team

Post by Mabus »

Sigil, the City of Doors, the Cage, the Hub of the Multiverse...is currently in progress. The "City Outside" zones are currently 50% complete (and huge;just bare areas/minus all placeables, NPCs, etc....save for some), and I am a purist, so it's gonna look like Sigil! I need a Lead Scripter, a Lead DM, and someone with the ability and willingness to host the world. I also need someone who knows the ins and outs of getting us connected to the CoPaP universe (I've read through all the rules to linking but am not sure I have the ability to take care of this). I will be building. The world will belong to all builders equally. DMs need to be very knowledgeable of Planescape, including the laws, factions, planes, etc. The rest just should be at least familiar enough to generally know the Outer/Inner planes.

If you're interested, please message me or respond to this message.

Thanks.
"In the end all things betray you. Honor. Ideals. Heroism. Allies. Comrades. Lovers. Your eyes. Your limbs. Your heart. And in the end, you betray yourself. And that is the greatest betrayal of all.\"

~Lament of the cambion Zaxarus, hero of the Blood War
Zenosaga
Noobie

Post by Zenosaga »

Actually, the Outlands PW has already created the Outlands outer plane, which will include Sigil (I'm pretty sure it's not up yet, as the Outlands has been having numerous problems as of late). It would probably be better for you to join their team as a builder; that way everything would be internally consistent and organized, since Sigil is technically a part of the Outlands. I'm sure they would really appreciate your help.

LINK: http://hades.mercuric.net/outlands/
[i]"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."[/i]

[url=http://www.serenadawn.com/]Serena Dawn Spaceport - The largest FREE RPGs online.[/url]
Mabus
Planewalker

Post by Mabus »

The city is going to be large enough to be an entire world in itself. Although I'm in the process of moving atm, I'll be doing some more building afterwards. I have the Market, Guild Hall, Clerk's, and about half of the Hive Wards done so far. Next will be the Lower Ward and the Lady's Ward. Then I'll begin working on all the interior areas: houses, shops, guildhouses (have a couple done already), and places such as Under-Sigil, catacombs, etc.

I'll try to post a few screenshots of what I have thus far, when time permits.
"In the end all things betray you. Honor. Ideals. Heroism. Allies. Comrades. Lovers. Your eyes. Your limbs. Your heart. And in the end, you betray yourself. And that is the greatest betrayal of all.\"

jaythespacehound
Groundling

Post by jaythespacehound »

I'm confused, how is this going to work with an outlands plane also there?
Will we have two Sigils?
Or will every exit from Sigil, your world, lead into ours?
Last edited by jaythespacehound on Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zenosaga
Noobie

Post by Zenosaga »

jaythespacehound wrote:I'm confused, how is this going to work with an outlands plane also there?
Will we have two Sigils?
Or will every exit from Sigil, your world, lead into ours?
There is a single easy way to solve all these questions:

Since Mabus' Sigil-based world is going to be as huge as s/he proclaims, it could simply be used as a secondary server for the Outlands. That is, Mabus' becomes part of the Outlands team, but his/her Sigil project, while technically a part of the Outlands, would be housed on its own separate server, in order to save space on both servers/modules and for both servers/modules to be larger overall. The server-hopping software was designed exactly for this purpose, and is used in this same way in the Avlis PW (e.g. the entirety of the PW is spread over multiple servers to save space and be larger overall).

EDIT: I neglected to mention that Sigil has portals to EVERY plane and planet in the ENTIRE multiverse, not just to the Outlands (but it has those too). Essentialy, the CoPaP Sigil will probably have portals to ALL of the linked worlds, if at all possible (as this would make the most sense fluffwise).
Last edited by Zenosaga on Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i]"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."[/i]

[url=http://www.serenadawn.com/]Serena Dawn Spaceport - The largest FREE RPGs online.[/url]
Arkonswrath
Ambassador: Hala

Post by Arkonswrath »

Beings that no one else has done so yet, I will do it.

I am going to ask, Mabus, that you postpone advertising, promoting, recruiting staff for your world until such time as you have applied and been approved by CoPaP for WIP (World in Progress) status. These forums are for CoPaP worlds.

Arkon
Hala Head DM/Standing WL
Zenosaga
Noobie

Post by Zenosaga »

Arkonswrath wrote:Beings that no one else has done so yet, I will do it.

I am going to ask, Mabus, that you postpone advertising, promoting, recruiting staff for your world until such time as you have applied and been approved by CoPaP for WIP (World in Progress) status. These forums are for CoPaP worlds.

Arkon
Hala Head DM/Standing WL
I am in full agreement with this. But as I have said before, I personally would prefer it if Mabus joined the Outlands team.

Dish_wash
Noobie

Post by Dish_wash »

Merging ideas is definately a plus and to get things going while the trio of us( Jay, me and Delmoth) a pretty much in a downtime for getting anything built for the outlands/sigil. Although ... its probably not a good idea merging if we're strangers.

If you have MSN Mabus, give me a buzz. My MSN is Kalis((at))usa.com. Anyone feel free to add me as well, for CoPaP/Outlands stuff or just random chitchat :). I'm impressed by your enthusiam Mabus. And yours too Zenosaga!
Outlands Staff
Mabus
Planewalker

Post by Mabus »

Sorry, been busy lately. Just got done moving. Anyways, Sigil, although floating above the spire in the Outlands, is really kinda separate from all of the Outer Planes. Kinda like a giant space station orbiting above the earth, I suppose. I was approached a while back by an Outlands member (not sure if they're still a part of the team) regarding merging Sigil with the Outlands server...or a separate hosting at least, but never heard back thereafter.

I'm just looking for a team to assist in developing the server, so I'm not sure how it would work becoming listed as a WIP when I'm the only person right now working on it.

I've received messages from someone offering to write scripts needed, but that's all I've gotten thus far.

~Mabus

PS-I'm a "he". :P

Drakuul
Groundling

Post by Drakuul »

I was approached a while back by an Outlands member (not sure if they're still a part of the team) regarding merging Sigil with the Outlands server...or a separate hosting at least, but never heard back thereafter.
Merging ideas is definately a plus and to get things going while the trio of us( Jay, me and Delmoth) a pretty much in a downtime for getting anything built for the outlands/sigil. Although ... its probably not a good idea merging if we're strangers.

If you have MSN Mabus, give me a buzz. My MSN is Kalis((at))usa.com. Anyone feel free to add me as well, for CoPaP/Outlands stuff or just random chitchat . I'm impressed by your enthusiam Mabus. And yours too Zenosaga!

Looks like they're still trying to get back to you....
*Your superior intelligence can not defeat my puny weapons*
Mabus
Planewalker

Post by Mabus »

FYI I am using the Sigil map from the 2E Planescape boxed set to build my Sigil. It's also located through the following link:

http://www.shadowland.org/Planescape/maps.html

To give an idea of how much I've completed, I've built the entire lower half of the map through the above link.

Alphonse
Groundling

Post by Alphonse »

Arkonswrath wrote:Beings that no one else has done so yet, I will do it.

Arkon
Hala Head DM/Standing WL
Mabus,

I'm going to repeat Arkon's words, and ask you to stop advertising your world until you've applied and been approved for World in Progress status. Outlands team members have posted in this thread so please get in touch with them if you are interested in merging with them, or please submit an application to become a part of CoPaP

Alphonse
Arkaz Head DM
Mabus
Planewalker

Post by Mabus »

I apologize. I've just been trying to create a team of builders so that I may be in a position to apply for CoPaP membership. I'm building this world specifically for CoPaP. As it stands there is only myself, and although I'd love to apply, I don't see any reason why I could apply since there is only myself. And I'm not sure that I would be accepted due to the fact that there's a world of progress to be added to Sigil insofar. Otherwise, I would have applied a long time ago. And I believe that the city of Sigil is a paramount addition to CoPaP, in that it is one of the most important locations in the planes.

Any advice then on what I should do would be greatly welcome.

If accepted for WIP status, how long is a world allowed to remain in this status? Is it permanently until the first link can be established? Or is it given a specific amount of time to get to the point where the initial link to CoPaP can be established?

JollyOrc
Ambassador: Tairis'nàdur

Post by JollyOrc »

Mabus wrote:And I'm not sure that I would be accepted due to the fact that there's a world of progress to be added to Sigil insofar. Otherwise, I would have applied a long time ago. And I believe that the city of Sigil is a paramount addition to CoPaP, in that it is one of the most important locations in the planes.
well, as it has been pointed out: Contact the Outlands team and figure out with them how to

a) merge your ideas with their world, meaning that you effectively become a member of the Outlands team

b) draw the appropriate lines so that you create Sigil on your own, but without creating two Sigil servers, and not taking content away from Outlands.

c) some other idea that I can't come up with right now but that makes great sense.

Whatever you choose, it has to be OKed by the Outlands team, no way around it. They first stated that they will built Sigil, they got the job, and no one's taking that away from them without their consent.

If accepted for WIP status, how long is a world allowed to remain in this status? Is it permanently until the first link can be established? Or is it given a specific amount of time to get to the point where the initial link to CoPaP can be established?
there's no certain timetable really. And it's ok if you start just with yourself, Arkaz has started with "only" Terryrayc too. But the important thing is that you FIRST sort out things with Outlands, THEN apply as World in Progress and only after that you can advertise here for team members and all that.

Now, all that said I kindly request you to use the numerous private channels provided in this thread to sort this out. When you have further questions, you can PM me, Themicles or any other of the World Leaders.
bye,
JollyOrc
Groundling

Post by jaythespacehound »

Just for confirmation,
At worst, it should be possible for us to be part of the same team, but for Sigil to be on a seperate server.
Or we could integrate it into our current server with you leading that part of it.
Also to be terribly honest there hasn't been much interest in Outlands either from what remains of the team, or from players recently and with the release of nwn2 we're currently discussing options. If you were to merge with us it might provide some fresh life into the place and CoPaP as a whole.

At any rate if you want to build Sigil and have it be a part of CoPaP please start by discussing options with us by pm-ing me, emailing me, or Dish-wash, visiting our website, or any other method you can come up with.

Jay

Post by Mabus »

Alrighty. I'll try heading to your website and continue the discussion there. Thanks.

terryrayc
World Leader: Arkaz

Post by terryrayc »

aye like was stated, I applied for Arkaz with just me...now that being said I had it a little easier, I had spent a lot of time building for other copap worlds so I had experience. Plus I'm a scripter so that helped.

Write up your ideas send them to the outlands team, if you can find a common ground great, if not and your idea isn't going to be the same as theirs then submit the wip app. As long as your pw is going to be different then any current worlds and the ideas are good then there is no problem with you getting wip status(pending vote by member worlds).

But all of that aside, start with outlands...I know they said they could use some fresh ideas so it's possible you all could work together and build a nice world.
Visit the Arkaz [url=http://www.arkaz.com/wiki]Wiki[/url]
Or the Arkaz [url=http://www.arkaz.com]Website[/url]