Constructive criticism (I hope ;)) -

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
Gairus
Groundling

Constructive criticism (I hope ;)) -

Post by Gairus »

No I am not a public relations expert, but I think this seems a timely moment for a suggestion.

Bit biased with Avlis, but on the other copap worlds/worlds in progress... the only page/forums with real "hooks" is the Abyss404 one. Not just thinking of the unique extra things he mentions like the character creater, but general spin and specifics on the server "feel".

You have to dig around on even the finished two (Rockhome & Hala). Hopefully you'll all think it's constructive criticism if I say that I think everyone would benefit from a bit more spin. If I hadn't gotten to them through the CoPaP link I would have moved on without hesitation, and not every prospective new player will have heard of CoPaP at all...

This is all wrong if the intention is to keep everthing word of mouth, but I have this image of builders following the old "artistic dream" cliche to the benefit of this very practical aspect ;)
JollyOrc
Ambassador: Tairis'nàdur

Post by JollyOrc »

you are right probably.

Travellers isn't promoted that big due to several reasons right now, mainly being that there are some things to work out still... ;)

Expect a writeup soon. (Meaning: As soon as Themicles and/or I get around it.. )
bye,
JollyOrc
World Leader: Ea

Post by Jeff »

Gairus,
You make a good point, but I must ask, are you a staff member of a PW? If not perhaps you have some skill and time to give someone a hand.
Come by and see us at:
http://hanus.is-a-geek.net/
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

I agree with you Gairus. But keep a couple things in mind. CoPaP has not "officially" gone public yet. This website launch is not the REAL launch. We are only letting the *current* players know about it, so that way we can develop a mini community and have that rolling by the time we "go public".

Stage 2 is to announce CoPaP to the world, both through announcments on CoPaP as a whole, and through announcements of the linked worlds individually. Basically we'll need to do a huge campaign drive to get people involved. Much of it will be done through the Bioware boards and NWVault.

The mini-launch is so we can involve YOU in the public relations. If you know of any good ways to get publicity for ourselves, we want you to tell us. That's why I launched the website early for current members, so they can give us clues as to what they'd like to see us do for going public.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Gairus
Groundling

Post by Gairus »

No Jeff, Gairus is one of those people who is better at talking than doing. :p Did actually look at joining one of the teams, but RL didn't give enough time for a good committment.

I didn't think it was anything urgent so much as something to not forget about. Really, the Abyss404 site is so good in this respect that the contrast is startling :)

So. From constructive criticism to constructive input then...
/ponders
Draxlly
Ambassador: Ea

Just some thoughts

Post by Draxlly »

Gaitus, your response to Jeff’s' post got me to thinking. Many of the players on all the worlds on the net tend to think they do not have the time to do the job the way it should be done. So they sit on the side lines and do not get involved.

Well I guess some of us are blessed because if we were not then the worlds would never get built. Orleron and Silk had a dream and many have stepped up to contribute. I am sure that some had limited time while other could give larger blocks of time. They have done what they could, but they did give a helping hand. It does not matter if you are an idea man, builder, scripter, coder or story teller for all of these and more are needed to build the dream and make it a reality.

What I am trying to say and not very well, it does not mater what one does as long as we do something.

The venerable Chinese proverb said it best, "Many hands make light work"

BTW, we have a thread on our staff board just for people like you Gaitus. That thread is required reading for all our staff and is the main source for ideas that we use to build our world. So as you can see even you can be a part of a staff.
Tis a good day to die. Pray to your God and make ready.