Help with a few graphics problems

Talk talk talk about anything Neverwinter Nights.
Zombie
Planewalker

Help with a few graphics problems

Post by Zombie »

I am having a few graphics problems that I hope people can give me a few ideas on.

1. Some colours in the game look silver/mirror to me. The 'standard' ones are ok, but some colours of peopels hair and clothes are just solid silver. I don't think this is a driver issue. I have had this issue for quite a while now.

2. Some of the pics for the items are odd. An item called 'power stone' looks like cherries to me, but to other people it looks like an oblong crystal (which fits the items description).

Im guessing I need to replace a hak or an over ride file?
Themicles
Leader: Tairis'nàdur & CoPaP Hak-Master

Post by Themicles »

It sounds like you have a few things in your override that you generally should not have there if you play on a PW.

It sounds like you have item icon overrides for sure. There is only a small handful (less than 10) that BioWare put in there during a patch, but beyond those ones, there shouldn't be any others in there.

As for the color issue, I'm not familiar with color palette modding, but I'm pretty sure it's possible. That could possibly be a .2da file in your override. Not sure.
"A wise man does not dwell on his past. He learns from it, he grows from it, and then moves ahead into his future." -me
Korennya
Noobie

Post by Korennya »

If you have any issues and have/use overrides, then don't. Make a copy of your override directory as a back up and then empty out your non-back up override directory completely. Then log in and see if the dump helped your problems. If it did, then you can slowly add overrides back in that you like to use and find out which is causing your probleem and stop using that particular one.

It's pretty much first suggestion when your having issues to clear out the overrides.
Zombie
Planewalker

Post by Zombie »

Thats a great idea!
Brayon
Planewalker

Post by Brayon »

The Silver Color is typically the Enviromental mapping on creatures, and .haks haveing some trouble. Relogging, or turning off the mapping helps as well.
Zombie
Planewalker

Post by Zombie »

I turned off the enviromental mapping and it made a difference, it set al lthe silver colours to white! :cry:

Points me in a better direction though
Brayon
Planewalker

Post by Brayon »

White = .hak issue

One of them sounds corupted. Re-download them, and that should solve the problem.
Zombie
Planewalker

Post by Zombie »

After a bit of poking around replacing xp2_textures.bif could be a winner. If not I will blame the haks :wink:
Themicles
Leader: Tairis'nàdur & CoPaP Hak-Master

Post by Themicles »

You cleared overrides right?
"A wise man does not dwell on his past. He learns from it, he grows from it, and then moves ahead into his future." -me
Zombie
Planewalker

Post by Zombie »

There was a colour over ride that was causing a problem. All fixed now, thanks a lot for the help.