Pw joining CoPap?

Talk talk talk about anything.
Alyais
Noobie

Pw joining CoPap?

Post by Alyais »

My PW is currently looking to join CoPap. We're still building, with plenty on the way- but we would like to join this organization none the less. I do not know whom to contact about this, so any help would be greeted with a warm thank you.

-Joe Landolfi
Themicles
Leader: Tairis'nàdur & CoPaP Hak-Master

Post by Themicles »

With Orleron on indefinet leave at this time, I guess that would be me.

While I try to get a hold of Orleron for the application to send you, why don't you start by reading the Articles here: portal.php?getpage=articles

That should outline the rules and guidelines for CoPaP compliance.

-Themicles
Alyais
Noobie

Post by Alyais »

Hrm, indeed I'll be reading it today then. I've been speaking with one of the other admins about nwnx/aps and thank him for his help. Also: thank you because I know joining CoPaP would indeed add to the prestige of our PW and would indeed help the organization of Persistant Worlds for eager players interested in good roleplaying. Once you have the application please e-mail it to me at Alyais@prodigy.net

Do you believe you'll have it within the week?
Themicles
Leader: Tairis'nàdur & CoPaP Hak-Master

Post by Themicles »

Alyais wrote:Do you believe you'll have it within the week?
I should. If I can't get a hold of Orleron, I can probably get a current member world's application and edit out their answers.

-Themicles
Alyais
Noobie

Post by Alyais »

After reading through some of the CoPaP rules I do indeed have some questions. Because our world is not based in Forgotten realms, and is more so based on Faction roleplaying. (Choosing a faction at start, and playing from there in that faction) it naturally requires a good deal of knowledge on our world. This will all be available for the players on our forums of course, we're looking for advanced roleplayers. Not god-moders.

First, you mentioned no permanant death. Our death system is currently the default HCR meaning that you must have another character raise you. This is justified by the fact that we want faction play. Solo-Play (Characters taking on solo-missions) should be done with a DM. Such as: Assassinations or things of the sort. We do not encourage solo-play unless it is of this type which is only justified by roleplaying. We want large groups of players. (2 and up) roleplaying with thier factions, or with people of opposite factions but regarding them how they should.

The death system we plan on implementing indeed Unique. I won't explain it here because its not even begun bieng created. It will offer the player the ability to raise himself (without his items) and will also incur no exp penalty. Theres a bigger risk which is the issue here. Permanant Death.

I of course would explain it to you in private, but it offers a chance of a permanant death. Something against the rules of CoPaP. Once again, it is justified by roleplaying means and realism. While this is a fantasy game, our world is also fairly realistic.

But, I may have read it wrong. Up top I did read two types of servers bieng used on CoPaP and since ours would not be linked- I do not know if we are exempt from the "No Permanant Death rule."

Our Module/Server is meant to be a Close-Knit community. We want strict roleplayers who are likeable, and want to play. Players who can be thier evil villain but still a nice person on the forums.

So, please aid me in clearing this up.
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

No permanent death allowed in CoPaP under any circumstances at all. Players will not go to your world from the other worlds in the organization if they think they can lose their character by doing so. That's not likely to change, and no world will get in if they have any chance of permadeath on their server.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Alyais
Noobie

Post by Alyais »

Ah, welcome back Orleron. I heard you have a recent addition, I'm happy for you. :)

On topic, Our server bases itself on a single society. Meaning that we couldn't link to other worlds. It also bases itself on a very hardcore roleplaying scheme. We don't want players whom don't roleplay. The world is meant to be very real, very. If you would like to hear of our death system that we're working on I'd be glad to send you a private message about them under the circumstance it is secret for now, but It does include a chance of permanant death.

But, you do say under no circumstances which is acceptable and I won't complain: I just suggest that you allow the worlds to customize thier worlds more towards thier tastes. If a character whom someone has worked so hard on from another server came here, and perma-died: indeed thats a bad thing. (Har har) but, since we can't allow characters to come from lands that don't exist in our world: that problem is stopped.

Any player whom looks as perma-death as a Punishment and Unfair, rather than a challenge isn't very welcomed. It keeps the players and factions together. However, I believe you'll better understand the system if you have more information on it: which I will PM to you.

However, if not- and if we still aren't allowed: then, I apologize for taking up all of your time in Advance. Perhaps in the future we'll be allowed in: however thats not likely to change I take it. Heh.

-Joe
BlueCougar
Planar Sage

Post by BlueCougar »

Alyais wrote: If a character whom someone has worked so hard on from another server came here, and perma-died: indeed thats a bad thing. (Har har) but, since we can't allow characters to come from lands that don't exist in our world: that problem is stopped.
What would be the point then of joining CoPaP, a dynamically linked group of servers with VaultSTER, if your server isn't going to be an active participant and allow portalling as well as conform to the Confederation guidelines?
Etheria world dreamer....thinking about it again though...
Alyais
Noobie

Post by Alyais »

If your intention to post that was to be mean or sarcastic, I hope you think on it. I'm here representing my Team and am looking to Join CoPap. You should be nicer to potential members, if not: then excuse this paragraph. :?

We wish to Join because CoPaP does share players, but that doesn't mean it has to share Characters. We also wish to join to add to the organization of PW's. All of this was posted in my first post: I believe..or one of the following.

Also, for reference: I know of one for sure, if not a few more worlds that aren't linked. Your question should be posed to them as well then. They aren't linked, yet share your scripts/code and players. :?

As for the Confederation Guidelines. I'm still attempting to clear something up with Orleron. I've not broken the Guidelines since we're not part of the Confederation yet. We're not willing to change our PW to conform to your guidelines, just like the Guidelines aren't willing to conform to our PW. Its a mutual thing. We don't wish to cause problems, we just wish to join: but our realm breaks one of the rules.

Hence why we're trying to clear it up. Why I am trying, with Orleron.
myzmar
Noobie

Post by myzmar »

Alyais wrote:We wish to Join because CoPaP does share players, but that doesn't mean it has to share Characters.
A player's perspective: for us, CoPaP is all about sharing characters. The greatest thing about it is you can move from one world to another, have friends here and there, participate in plots that affect several worlds at the same time... it is amazing, really. Create a character on another CoPaP world than your usual? Sure, why not... but let him remain there forever, without the chance of ever seeing the canopies of Le'Or, Evemur river or the jungles of Hala? No way! :D
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

Ah, gotta love the weekend between feeding times. I actually have 20 minutes to post on the boards, and it feels like a breath of fresh air.

Going back to the point, I don't think BlueCougar was being mean or sarcastic at all. Rather I think he was stating very bluntly what is obvious.... almost too obvious, which is why it may have sounded sarcastic. Apologies.

CoPaP shares players, absolutely. Also, to correct a statement, each world in CoPaP that is not linked is not linked because their link is in progress. They are waiting for certain plots to unfold in order to do the link. But they WILL link.

The *difficulty* with which you can go to and from some CoPaP worlds varies greatly. It's hella easy to get from Avlis to Hala, but once Abyss404 links, it will be extremely difficult to get in and out, but still possible. Having a world join CoPaP simply to gain access to our playerbase without contributing anything back in return, such as the ability for its playerbase to see our other worlds, is not only a foreign concept to me, it's a tad not nice.... kinda like vampirism is not nice. I'm just being facecious here, but the point is still made.

For players and staff alike, the whole point of CoPaP is to make it so characters can travel among many worlds, if they choose. Some choose to play on one world. Some travel everywhere. The point of it all is choice. I cannot allow a world to join this organization if they have quoted in their post that they are not willing to follow our guidelines, but want access to our players for their own server.

That's the gist of it.

*waves*

*picks up a bottle of formula* Here baby baby....
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
BlueCougar
Planar Sage

Post by BlueCougar »

Alyais wrote:If your intention to post that was to be mean or sarcastic, I hope you think on it. I'm here representing my Team and am looking to Join CoPap. You should be nicer to potential members, if not: then excuse this paragraph. :?
I was being honest, if it was seen as sarcastic I apologize for my bluntness.
Etheria world dreamer....thinking about it again though...
Silk
World Leader: Avlis

Post by Silk »

I find this thread amusing.
-Silk
Drakuul
Groundling

Post by Drakuul »

You and me both Silk...
*Your superior intelligence can not defeat my puny weapons*
Gairus
Groundling

Post by Gairus »

So, likely, do all other readers with any concept of "co-operation", "working together", or "guidelines" :p
teleri
World Leader: The Outlands

Post by teleri »

its the sharing bit that I like... (:

cheers,
teleri
Nob
Spelljammer

Post by Nob »

Let's see...so the gist of it is....

"We don't wanna really be part of CoPaP, but we want access to your playerbase, so can we join?"

Or is there some less blunt more eloquent way of saying it?
Cromwell
World Leader - LoT: Thay

Post by Cromwell »

I'm blunt, and sometimes rude... Shoot me...

Alyais is trying to be a leech.
[color=red]"How wonderfully mad of you!"[/color]
Anduris
World Leader - LoT Moonshae Isles

Post by Anduris »

Wait, Alyais, are you talking about the Moonshaes?
*Anduris*

"I am no one to be trifled with. That is all you ever need known."