Question about guilds on other worlds

Talk talk talk about anything.
sunsghost
Noobie

Question about guilds on other worlds

Post by sunsghost »

My character is wokring on a project that may see small groups of people, in the guild he is in, working (IC) on other worlds.
The guild is based in hala.

Said guild members will be working on other worlds somewhat perminatly and will attempt to estabish an outpost there and recruit locals. (Imagine roman empire on a very very smaller basis, just in terms of branching out)

We have a DM guild sponsor on Hala. I don't expect any real "love" from the DMs on other worlds. My question is, is having a DM in hala sponsoring the guild sifficient or will we need to get a sponsor on each world we settle in?

The most involvement we will need fromt he staff of a world will likely be if we buy a little house to RP as an outpost/equipment storage. The players will still report back to hala (and hala's DM) for guild based events.
Flakey
Ambassador: Mystara

Post by Flakey »

Depends what you mean by setting up an outpost. I think telling the world that your setting up this new outpost in should be told the aims of the group as a minimum
sunsghost
Noobie

Post by sunsghost »

Depends what you mean by setting up an outpost. I think telling the world that your setting up this new outpost in should be told the aims of the group as a minimum
For sure.
While us traveling to another server and working there would be kept as subtle as possible, IC, I'd be sure to keep the staff in the know on everything thats going on and the groups intentions/goals.
Staff might even want to use it for some RP.
Baron
Ambassador: Ithilla

Post by Baron »

I would assume you would go through whatever process the particular world has for setting up a player run guild...if all you really want is a guild house and storage, then thats super easy as in the end its just money.

Go through the former process and that woule lead to a DM sponsor and presumably Guild oriented adventures....use the latter method and its a private boarding house for like minded individuals who travel the worlds..

~B
The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words,there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence, but government regulations on the sale of cabbage total 26,911 words.
Tristan_Durst
World Leader: Arborea

Post by Tristan_Durst »

Depending on the type of Guild, I would support you on Arborea. Heck I am looking to do this myself.
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

The idea has merit of course, but we need to be careful with it. Let me give an extreme example:

A group of world/plane hopping Orc psionisists set up a guild on our Sigil server. Beautiful. Works great. Fits well there, and in a lot of other places too.

Now let's say that group wants to branch out just like you describe. One of the worlds they want to go to is Krynn. Picture it: a group of plane travelling orc psions going to Krynn. What is wrong with this picture?

For one thing, there are no orcs on Krynn. There are no psions either. Magic is regulated by strict rules and plane travelling is nearly impossible there. What would this orc psion guild do to the tone and feel of Krynn if they were allowed to set up shop there? They would ruin it.

For this reason, I would say you should definitely check with the world you are trying to branch to. They may not want you there, but if they do, then hey, knock yourself out.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."