to the governing bodies of Elysia and Hala

In character discussions among the planes and planets of CoPaP.
Malathyre
Planar Sage

to the governing bodies of Elysia and Hala

Post by Malathyre »

Recently, the issue of criminal extradition to or from our respective lands has become an issue. Please see the attached copy of the notes and discussion concerning this here: http://www.avlis.org/viewtopic.php?t=32410&highlight=

As far as I know, the Drow known as Kay'lana has done nothing illegal in either Hala or in the city of Elysia, therefore I would think it unnecessary to have need for her to be apprehended by anyone anywhere. However, the larger issue of how we might deal in the future with individuals who have committed crimes in one land and flee to the other is something I think that needs be discussed. I strongly encourage the law making bodies of both lands to set aside some time to talk about this.

I am a part of the local law enforcement and defense force in Elysia, not a law maker, but I would offer my testimony and services on this matter if both governing groups would like them.

Please feel free to contact me at the Maiden keep in Elysia, or to leave a message for me here.

Dre'Ana's blessings,

Eloryn Yeritashemar
High Mistress of the Warrior Maidens of Dre'Ana
Lieutenant of the Elysian Defense Force
<Daerthe> There is only room for so much realism before things start to get silly.
markschouten
Planar Sage

Post by markschouten »

*Written in a very strict handwriting*

“Lady Eloryn Yeritashemar, I merely have a shop linked to the world of Hala, but many times has the population of Hala turned to me for advice, and help. There is no real ruling government in Hala. The only place that even tries to have a real government is the city of Nagritch. And they have some prejudices against Drow. (The reason for that is not worth to discuss in Detail here, because it will only make the general prejudices against Drow.. worse) However, most people in Hala will take my advice on certain matters.

I think that it should depend on the crime , to see if the ruling body in the other plane should do something about it. If a person slew an entire City, it would be wise to pursue the person on both planes. But if a person merely robbed a house, and is wanted by the government of that one city to pay a fine.. Then I do not see need of something like this.

If the government of Elysia wishes to talk to the Archchancelor of Nagritch, or myself.. Feel free to leave a message here. I shall try to get the Archchancelor to discuss this matter, even though he would most likely not be too cooperative.”

*Signed*

Urendurario'za
Aiquandol
Clueless Prime

Post by Aiquandol »

Ah, thank you for your concern madame. Hala has only one government; that of Nagritch. You can contact the authorities at Nagritch about a planar fugitives and their actions against them, however I don't know how cooperative they will be. Apart from Nagritch everyone in Hala is a complete soverign. That means not only can fugitives freely come into the land, but groups can deal out justice as they see fit. The largest and most powerfull of these groups is the Hala Protectorate, which can be contacted through Archfarchnad Maleficarium.

*signed*
Aiquandol Orener
Malathyre
Planar Sage

Post by Malathyre »

Thank you for your responses. As I stated in my original note, I am not a representative of Elysian government, just a representative of my order and Elysian law enforcement. I would be happy to represent Elysia in any discussions between Elysia and Nagritch concerning inter-planar law, but I would only do so if the city of Elysia wanted me as their representative.

My original note was more of an attempt to get both sides talking, so that both sides would know what is and is not allowed should interplanar travel between the two places be necessary in the name of justice. What you have written back in response gives me a much clearer idea of what I would need to do should this situtation arise.

thanks again,

Eloryn
<Daerthe> There is only room for so much realism before things start to get silly.