Playtesters and/or DMs wanted

Forum for the posting of needs for Staff members and for poeple intersted in voluntering
Rathaen
World Leader: Stormsea Rising

Playtesters and/or DMs wanted

Post by Rathaen »

Hello, everyone, my name is Rathaen, and I'm the World Leader of Stormsea Rising, which is one of the COPAP worlds-in-progress. We've been quiet for a long time, but we are getting plenty done.

We've got most of our engine implemented and are working on content; we have somewhere between 30 and 50 large areas (plus little shops and houses) now and are working on fleshing them out a little bit more. The next stage is playtesting. We've been experimenting with our own world, obviously, but we need outside input.

Playtesters would be asked to create new characters and enter the world of Stormsea. They would be close to our worldbuilding staff, and could very possibly become dungeonmasters or worldbuilders once our world goes live.

The world of Stormsea is an unusual one. It is a world drenched in raw magic, and in places magic rends the very fabric of reality, creating all manner of bizzare rifts and portals. However, controlled, usable magic -- usually in the form of magical items - is very hard to come by. A group of powerful clans known as the Vanati control what little there is.

All of Stormsea operates on a strict caste system. The prefix and any suffixes attached to a clan name tell you any number of things about the clan. Upper-class society operates on a strict set of mores and customs. The lower classes are very superstitious and are kept in place through force and fear.

The clans fight amongst themselves, but even they put aside their differences to face the furies. "The fury," as it is called, is a disease that is said to strike people who delve too deeply into the magic surrounding Stormsea. Those affected become more and more powerful - almost to the point of being demigods - but slowly (or, in some cases, rather quickly) lose their sanity. Furies, as people who are affected by the disease, are feared and distrusted, although little is known about them; the average commoner is likely to have seen one or two in his or her lifetime -- dead. Furies have been known to take out a dozen or more well-equipped guards before falling.

At the same time, a small band of landless clans has banded together under the banner of Kharan ni-Tethrain and has begun a guerilla war against the ab-Pharaki clan, which is the most powerful of the Vanati. This is the world in which you find youself. Dare you leave your mark?

If you're interested, you can post here or send me an instant message; my screen name is RevenantChaos.
-----
"Rathaen ni-Tethrain" and/or "Eilysian ab-Pharaki"
from "Stormsea Rising"

Post by Guest »

So all magic users will eventually become insane?! Now that sounds cool.... I am interested and would like to know more about Stormsea Rising.

(right now i can only be pmed on the avlis forums under username nimrod25.... i would have just pmed you if i could login to the copap forums but i cant at the min :lol: )
Silverdragonams
Planewalker

Post by Silverdragonams »

This sounds really interesting. Please send me more information, I would like to help out.

Post by Guest »

Actually.... if you could just email info to me for the min at the_only_nimrod25@hotmail.com i am very interested in hearing more about this.
Drakaen
Noobie

Post by Drakaen »

that sounds like a pretty kool world i would not mind finding out more about it if you wouldnt mind me helping
Nighthawk4
Planewalker

Post by Nighthawk4 »

Happy to help. Please supply more details. :wink:
Avlis1 Head DM

You mean Avlis isn't Real Life?
Apandapion
CoPaP: Player Coordinator

this sounds like an exciting world

Post by Apandapion »

And I have a personal preference for alternate primes over outer planes... If you are still seeking testers, send me a PM with details on what races, classes, and activities you'd want a hypothetical test character to pursue.
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

Check the date on the post. You're a bit late. :) I think this is another fizzler.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Apandapion
CoPaP: Player Coordinator

yes, you're probably right

Post by Apandapion »

Orleron wrote:Check the date on the post. You're a bit late. :) I think this is another fizzler.
Yes, I thought so... But I thought I'd throw myself out there.