Bad news on the Etheria front

News posting forum for Legion of Angel's world, Etheria.

Moderator: Etheria News

BlueCougar
Planar Sage

Bad news on the Etheria front

Post by BlueCougar »

Well it seems the damage is more extensive than I was lead to believe. From what I can gather Jag was having connectivity problems with the cable being dropped and it crashing on a regular basis while some utility construction was going on in his immediate neighborood.

Yes he did have a surge protector on the power and it is still not known if it was the cable or what that the surge came from. It fried both comps, modem, and printer. He is currently on an ancient box that can't run NWN and is trying to get reimbursed for the damages. He is looking at data recovery for his hard drives if he can be reimbursed.

All I have is a .rar of the module from June as a backup. Jag knowns the script core he has in place but can't run Toolset on what he has and honestly I can script but I wouldn't know where to start with what he has created for our core. Any help would be appreciated at this time since my wingman is out until possible August and that's if he gets the reimbursement and gets a replacement. Great timing huh?

Well I 've been taking this time to visit the online worlds of CoPap and enjoying myself. Enjoyed Alvis for a time as a gnoll ranger named "Roshnak Erlix" and exploring all those servers and rp'ing until the server crashes. Then I decided to try the rest and it was fun visiting them. Lately I've been perusing Abyss as a Shadling named "Shiver" and having a bit of fun conflicting with the evil characters and hunting swarmers! :shock: :D
Etheria world dreamer....thinking about it again though...
Tessa

Post by Tessa »

So -your- shiver! It's Tessa, nice to meet ya!
Sarrena
World Leader: Abyss404

Post by Sarrena »

I feel your pain. Every freaking time my machine goes down impropery the DB bites it and I gotta pull out the backup files. Driving me freaking insane.
Manuel the White
Groundling

Post by Manuel the White »

Woah. That's rough. Hang in there, bud.
[img]http://www.avlis.org/AvlisDarkSig.php[/img]
Arcsylver
Groundling

Post by Arcsylver »

I know how you feel. I just had to build a new server for NT due to a mobo meltdown that took the CPU and RAM along for the ride.

Majorly sucks. Hope to see you guys back up and running soon