server hopping

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
Malathyre
Planar Sage

server hopping

Post by Malathyre »

I don't want to get a debate started on server hopping, as to whether it will or will not be allowed...but will it be possible to server hop from CoPaP world to CoPaP world (ala what is possible in Avlis: any server can be logged onto with any character 1 hour after your last logout from a given server)? It seems like the answer from what I have read is no, considering portals to places need to be found, but I figured I'd ask anyway since I hadn't seen this explicitly stated.

Thanks.
<Daerthe> There is only room for so much realism before things start to get silly.
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

Nope. It won't be allowed. When the VaultSTER plugin is complete (*nudges Jeroen*), it will poll all the CoPaP servervaults for your newest copy of your bic file, and then ship it to the server you are logging into. From there, a database passport system will check whether you've serverhopped or not. The only way to get from one world to another is to travel there legally.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."