Other Fictional Worlds That Might be Fun to Make

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
Sarmanos
World Leader: The Grey Wastes

Other Fictional Worlds That Might be Fun to Make

Post by Sarmanos »

I was thinking about this one but what other fictional worlds might make interesting CoPaP settings in anyone's opinion? They don't have to strictly be DnD Campaign Settings or even used in any form of PnP for that matter.
Sindol
Ambassador: Catara

Post by Sindol »

Ravenloft has captured my heart and I would jump at the chance to build parts of various domains if I thought it would be a viable choice for CoPaP. Alas I don't think it would make a good CoPaP world, because nobody can get out of Ravenloft. It's one big prison. That means only one way traffic, which goes against what CoPaP stands for imho. Still, too bad.

Other settings that I'm interested in include Dragonlance (Krynn) and some kind of spelljamming setting that connects all the worlds (like crimson stars, which I think bit the dust).
So much fun,
yet so little time to enjoy it.
- Sindol
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

I kinda agree with Sindol, but still think it would be need to code a portal in the form of a mist that walks around sucking up travellers. :twisted:

Middle Earth would be cool. Wheel of Time too.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Drakuul
Groundling

Post by Drakuul »

The world of Memory, Sorrow and Thorn would be good

As well as the Thomas Covenant Chronicles - as long as you leave out the whining leper that ruined the book.
*Your superior intelligence can not defeat my puny weapons*
Wyrmwing
Clueless Prime

Post by Wyrmwing »

Either of Eddings' settings (Belgariad/Mallorean and Elenia/Tamuli) would be very interesting, though I'm not sure they'd fir in CoPaP.
Roaming on Avlis
JollyOrc
Ambassador: Tairis'nàdur

Post by JollyOrc »

and then there are the tons of custom Pen and Paper worlds. Everyone has at least once played on one of these, where the DM has lovingly created a unique setting.
bye,
JollyOrc
CoPaP: Player Coordinator

i had a very wierd dream

Post by Apandapion »

I was wandering in a forest and it just kept getting colder and colder. When I woke up, I thought about it in game terms and imagined a prime material that was losing it's borders and melting into the elemental plane of water and the negative energy plane.

It would be an interesting place to visit, but you wouldn't want to start there.
teleri
World Leader: The Outlands

Post by teleri »

Spencer's World of the Farie Queen, Lovecraft's Dreamlands, Hyperbea, Newhon by Fritz Lieber, The Young Kingdoms by Moorcock (heck anything by Moorcock), etc, etc....
Cheers,
teleri

Building the Outlands one GateTown at a Time
[url=http://www.greatring.net][color=blue][u][b]The Outlands[/color][/u][/b][/url]
[url=http://www.diterlizzi.com/art/games/planescape/index.html][color=blue][u][b]The Look of PlaneScape[/color][/u][/b][/url]
BlindBleu

Post by BlindBleu »

Well let us not forget Thieves World, that world would rock.

SinbadSam
Apandapion
CoPaP: Player Coordinator

an interesting meta-world idea

Post by Apandapion »

It might be an interesting project to have a server which consists of normal areas, with an interface to reprogram the links between them on the fly. You could use this to make one-time places for short times.

Say, if you wanted the players to do a "lost valley" module, you plug together a pass, then some open areas, then some cliff areas on one side.