Mystara Web Site

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
Odin Hammersong
Noobie

Mystara Web Site

Post by Odin Hammersong »

Hey all, apologies now if this sounds like a rant, it's not. I am just curious if the Mystara web site is dog-ass slow for anyone else? It has always been this way for me(6 months), whether I'm at work on an T3 or I'm at home on 1.5mb/s cable. It literally takes 60-90 seconds to load any page on that site along with the forums. I'm just wondering if this is the situation for anyone else. If it is, it answers my question of why the forums are so slow. Mystara the mod is a bustling hub of activity, and it strikes me as odd that the forums only have a post or two a week at best. If it's that slow to load for everyone, it all makes sense: No one goes there. :(

--Odin

PS. If I'm missing something (like there are other Mystara forums the player base uses), please enlighten me. :)
www.nwnonline.net
wtnrj
Ambassador: Mystara

Post by wtnrj »

In short the answer is, yes it is slow, it has been that way since the site crashed some months ago. It used to be pritty good. Then something happened and it litterally dropped off the web. I think Ferus threw that up just to get it up and made a call out for a webmaster to assist, and that person has been busy since. Im sure if some one offered Ferus help with it he wouldnt turn them down.
Thejester
Ambassador: Moonsea

Post by Thejester »

wtnrj wrote:In short the answer is, yes it is slow, it has been that way since the site crashed some months ago. It used to be pritty good. Then something happened and it litterally dropped off the web. I think Ferus threw that up just to get it up and made a call out for a webmaster to assist, and that person has been busy since. Im sure if some one offered Ferus help with it he wouldnt turn them down.
A bit off topic here but i was just wondering how the rockhome team gets ahold of ferus? I was going to drop moonsea all together a few months back and build alphiem for ferus instead but i can only seem to get ahold of him once a month or so for 5 min on msn messanger.
Ferus
World Leader: Mystara

Post by Ferus »

at the moment , im running the webpage on the nwn servers computer, (due to unreliable webhost) along with the FTP for the KnownWorld2_1.hak. this is foing to cause it to be slightly slow untill the new dual processor computer comes in, which has been donated by one of our DMs. Once that is up-and-running, that should fix up any slowness or lag experianced on rockhome or glantri.
[url=http://www.theknownworld.org]Lands of Mystara[/url]