picking a world

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
buzz
Noobie

picking a world

Post by buzz »

I need a little advice on a world to start on and was hoping for some advice. First let me lay out a little bit about my group.

I DM on another server that is not part of CoPaP and is high role play, perma death, low magic mod. I have been missing being a player a bit and AVILS was recommended to me by someone.

So I am putting together a party of some players I know. We are going to play once a week (or every other week) in a group. The idea is to create a old school PnP type feel and adventure party. We will adventure together, learn together, fight and die together.

I have been approved for CoPaP in the past and lost my password page and/or was dropped of the CoPaP email list. But I have reapplied to get back on.

What I need advice on is a server to start on. We are more interested in a Forgotten Realms since that is what we play now. It makes the learning curve less steep. We were thinking to go with one of the fully connected FR servers and had picked out Moonsea. Now I read that Moonsea is maybe shut down and is not going to be up anytime soon.

Does that leave us just Ea: Legend of Valinor? Can anyojne tell me about it? Are any of the "Worlds in progress" up and running and good places to start? Thay? Kingdom of Cormyr?

any thoughts would be appreciated.
Draxlly
Ambassador: Ea

Ea a nice place to visit but

Post by Draxlly »

Ea is up but is undergoing a major face lift. The old Ea is available if you want to log on and you just may find DMs on line that have similar background as yours. We will be bringing up the New Ea: Legend of Valinor more in the near future and will not be requiring any player to start over. NO VAULT WIPE. In the time that Ea has been online as a PW, almost as long as Avlis, we have never had a vault wipe. So sign up on the board and get the chatter going and you should gat a response.

Draxlly aka Achmed admin for Ea: Legend of Valinor

btw: The world will start with over 300 new maps, 1000+ transitions and many things that you will not experience anywhere else.
Tis a good day to die. Pray to your God and make ready.
buzz
Noobie

Post by buzz »

i see EA is 1.62.... is all the CoPaP 1.62?
teleri
World Leader: The Outlands

Post by teleri »

Most of it though that is changing as the updated CoPaP Haks have just been released.
Cheers,
teleri

Building the Outlands one GateTown at a Time
[url=http://www.greatring.net][color=blue][u][b]The Outlands[/color][/u][/b][/url]
[url=http://www.diterlizzi.com/art/games/planescape/index.html][color=blue][u][b]The Look of PlaneScape[/color][/u][/b][/url]
Draxlly

Server Patchs... When...

Post by Draxlly »

Yes Ea is at HotU 1.62 today, but all CoPaP servers including Ea will be patching to HotU 1.64 and Cep 1.5. The process of patching is a complex one for the group. Our very own wizard of the core code for all CoPaP servers has released the updated core files. Now each server needs a few days to test their own unique code to be sure that 1.64 has not created problems. After all we like our players to not loose their heads or other important body parts as has happened with past Bioware patches.

You will find announcements on the CoPaP News and on their server boards as each server patches.

Were ever you decide to start your group, you can be sure that they will be able to play on all servers in time.

Draxlly aka Achmed admin for Ea: Legend of Valinor
buzz
Noobie

Post by buzz »

well I was all set to try EA but I can't hit the server, website, or foums....

not sure if it vanished or it's down?
Draxlly

Post by Draxlly »

Server is down at the moment.

Sorry all, we are working to get it back on line.