Psionic Powers

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
Drakuul
Groundling

Psionic Powers

Post by Drakuul »

All the info you need on the powers is here :

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/drakuul/PsiManual.pdf

There are some slight changes to prevent exploiting.
*Your superior intelligence can not defeat my puny weapons*
Drakuul
Groundling

Post by Drakuul »

Control Wind, Control Light and Psychic Surgery are not in the Copap haks.

There are some minor issues that need to be resolved with certain powers, as the various worlds will inform you of in due course.
Drakuul
Groundling

Post by Drakuul »

One important thing to remember is....

NO CHEESING OF THINGS THE ENGINE OR POWERS YOU SELCT WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO DO.

These include - Mind reading, projecting thoughts, long distance communications and using OOC info that you "Grabbed from the forefront of the persons mind".
Fuzz
Planewalker

Post by Fuzz »

Read the power and class description, as well. THEY HAVE BEEN ADJUSTED IN THE COPAP VERSION. They don't match the descriptions in that pdf, in some cases, so DO NOT quote the pdf in any Psionics discussion... ours are intentionally changed for certain powers.
void
Noobie

Post by void »

I read through the pdf, took into consideration some changes are made, yet one thing remained obscure to me: how are these psyonic abilities applied? Аs part of the spell-set, or as creature abilities, or ...? The gitzherai in Hala, Ysgard have creature items allowing them to use D&D spell featherfall, like, but I think these are not related ...

Please, enlighten my ignorance.

-- Void Hamlet
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and you have to make fortitude saves, you know it's a druid. -- Capn Charlie, www.candlekeep.com
Serpentax
Groundling

Post by Serpentax »

Feats..

the psionic class buys all its powers as feats on lvl up

and they appear in a class radial menu..
void
Noobie

Post by void »

Oh so it is defined as a class ... * takes notes * Well, did not see it anywhere as a class, should have perhaps looked twice ... It's only me and my absent-minded-ness as usual :wink:
If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and you have to make fortitude saves, you know it's a druid. -- Capn Charlie, www.candlekeep.com
Sindol
Ambassador: Catara

Post by Sindol »

void wrote:Oh so it is defined as a class ... * takes notes * Well, did not see it anywhere as a class, should have perhaps looked twice ... It's only me and my absent-minded-ness as usual :wink:
It's actually a Prestige Class. It's nigh impossible to add new core classes, so it had to become a PrC. The prerequisites are very low though, so you can take it at level 2 already.
So much fun,
yet so little time to enjoy it.
- Sindol
Serpentax
Groundling

Post by Serpentax »

indeed, it only requires you to be non-chaotic in this version.

so its a PrC with basically no requirements..
however some servers will control its use by locking it as htey do other PrC's so you need a dm to allow you to take it..

(we are doing this on 404 for a start)

other than that. yep its a class, melees around rogue levels, gets 2 "psionic feats" a level, and a normal feat every 3 or 4 i think.

i will if people want make a full doc on the copap version, complete with power difference so we dont need to read the forum posts..

but it wont be right away, as on 404 we dont even have it enabled yet.