Druid Poison Immunity broken CoPaP wide?

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
Arkonswrath
Ambassador: Hala

Druid Poison Immunity broken CoPaP wide?

Post by Arkonswrath »

I play a druid character who is supposed to have Venom Immunity, ie. Immunity from all poisons, yet the immunity doesn't show up in my "buff" list, and there are some types that still nail me. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this as well?
Khaelindra
Groundling

Post by Khaelindra »

Divinia's poison immunity works always, even if it doesn't show.

What doesn't work, at least on Avlis and Hala, is her Web-immunity.

M.
Malathyre
Planar Sage

Post by Malathyre »

Web immunity works against the spell that puts spider webs all over the ground, but not against the spell that actually is cast on an individual character and holds them in place. It also seems to work against other entangling spells, too, just not against the individual web spell that some monsters (ettercaps?) have.
<Daerthe> There is only room for so much realism before things start to get silly.
Arkonswrath

Post by Arkonswrath »

I've noticed that most of the time my immunity works.. but there are times when things attack that do poison attacks and I still get the ability stat decrease from the poison... if immune to poison, shouldnt also be immune to this as well? If not good to go.
Khaelindra
Groundling

Post by Khaelindra »

Arkonswrath wrote:I've noticed that most of the time my immunity works.. but there are times when things attack that do poison attacks and I still get the ability stat decrease from the poison... if immune to poison, shouldnt also be immune to this as well? If not good to go.
That's two different things. Some monsters don't do poison, but deal for instance 2 points of STR damage on hit. That is not protected against by poison immunity, only by Immunity to Ability Damage (which isn't a separate thing for nothing).

Hope this helps.
Arkonswrath

Post by Arkonswrath »

Nods was wondering if thats what it was... just seemed strange that a spider which normally does poison ability damage, was still doing ability damage. they must do both I guess *shrugs* No biggie, thanks for the input.
kombinat
Planar Sage

Post by kombinat »

Yep, some spiders have Crippling Strike, which is nasty..