Following correct procedure (players and staff)

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Following correct procedure (players and staff)

Post by Orleron »

CoPaP is not a single PW. It is literally a group of PW's that have banded together under an agreement, much like the way the fledgling USA colonies did right after the Revolutionary War.

Taking that analogy further, each state in the confederation has its own complete government, and its own dealings. When something happens in one state, you won't see another state's government doing something about it, UNLESS the issue involves both states together. However, on top of all that is a sort of Federal government that makes some general laws to keep things compatable between states.

So for example, if you see a crime being committed on the highways of New Jersey, it will do you no good to call the Pennsylvania state police. They'll pretty much tell you to go to hell and report it to New Jersey. Try it sometime.

CoPaP is no different. We have a centralized body that makes some general rules. That body is made up of the leaders of each world and their ambassadors. However, this body does not enforce rules on the servers individually. The servers' staffs do. This body also does not correct bugs on individual servers.

One of the main thing the body does is monitor balance between the servers. We don't want to see gold, experience, or items become easier to get on any one server. Believe me, if you think this task is hard, it's a million times harder than you think.

But STILL, I see a lot of people do not understand how to help us go about maintaining basic item/xp/gp balance. They still seem to think that complaining to Avlis about a misbalance on World A is the way to go, and it's NOT. In fact, that's the quickest way to piss us off!

So I'm gonna write it out really clear for you right here.

Procedure for maintaining item/xp/gp balance

Rule #1: Heresay evidence will be ignored. If you have never BEEN to the world you think is out of balance, you cannot complain about it to us. You must go there and see for yourself if the reports are true.

If you find an out of balance item:
1) Note the world you found it on.

2) Note the creature/chest/area that dropped it.

3) Head over to the BUG REPORTS section of the world you found it on and post the complete drop information there.

4) If you feel that this drop is an exploit, do no post it. Instead, send a message to the staff of that world and tell them exactly the info you found.

Note: Posts on the wrong world's forum will not go over well.
Note 2: Posts in the correct forum saying, "I found X item on World A" with no additional information will not help us.

If you find xp is out of balance:
1) Note the world where you found it.

2) Collect data on how much xp you got in a certain amount of time.

3) In this data, note the server and the area AND the creatures you killed, and how much xp they gave you. We need to know xp values for individual creatures.

4) Head over to the BUG REPORTS section of the world you found it on and post the complete xp information there.

5) If you feel that this is an exploit, do no post it. Instead, send a message to the staff of that world and tell them exactly the info you found.

If you find gold is out of balance:
1) Follow the same directions for xp above.

Class balance

The official policy in CoPaP is that we are not interested in class balance. We try to make each class interesting to play, and we are constantly trying to give each class new items and abilities that are within the low magic item guidelines of CoPaP. However, if you are concerned that Class X is not in balance withi Class Y, we don't really wish to hear about it.

Follow the procedures above, and you'll go a long way to helping us maintain CoPaP's integrity.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

One other thing: Timeliness of information

A lot of times, we are feverishly working on the very thing you are about to report. So if you have something to say, say it right away. Do not wait.

One of the more annoying things we encounter is players who go to World X and find uber gear, and then complain about it six months later saying that World X gives out uber gear all the time, when the fact is that World X's uber gear drop was fixed five months ago. Doing things like that causes unnecessary alarm and prejudice among the players that really has no basis in current fact. So please don't do that.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Jeff
World Leader: Ea

Post by Jeff »

Good post Orleron.

I though I would add our contact info here for anyone who wants to report anything for EA.

Bug reports go here:
http://hanus.is-a-geek.net/phpbb/phpbb2 ... um.php?f=8

Or you can contact our staff via PM on these copap boards or on our boards here:
http://hanus.is-a-geek.net/phpbb/phpbb2/index.php

As lead scripter code stuff should be directed to me.
Our DM's can adjust spawns from in game, and don't need a reset to fix that stuff.

We love your feedback!
Come by and see us at:
http://hanus.is-a-geek.net/
wtnrj
Ambassador: Mystara

Post by wtnrj »

Following Jeffs lead

This is where you can post bug reports on Mystara
http://www.theknownworld.org/index.php? ... ic&p=60#60
Silk
World Leader: Avlis

Post by Silk »

Note: When reporting the gold/xp/etc imbalance... make sure you include your character level since that effects the drop.
-Silk
Malathyre
Planar Sage

Post by Malathyre »

For all folks new to CoPaP, and even us oldtimers that sometimes need a refresher, this post by Orleron deserves a hearty *bump* and a reread for all.

Please remember, if you encounter a problem on a CoPaP world, you should contact THAT world's staff about the problem. For example, contacting the Ea staff about a problem on Tairis'nadur isn't likely to get you too far. :P

Thanks for your time.
<Daerthe> There is only room for so much realism before things start to get silly.