A note on those planning to create players in abyss404

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
Serpentax
Groundling

A note on those planning to create players in abyss404

Post by Serpentax »

Ok, while i must say 99.5% of the people i have rp'ed with on avlis and other copap worlds are great, there regretably are always exceptions..

creating a character on abyss404 PURELY so you get cool subraces and then trying to portal it out to avlis will just get you banned, and result in the character being deleted.

if you have no desire to actualy rp on abyss404, dont waste our bandwidth by coming there..

*as i said this applies to a very small ammount of players, but enough that it requires me to make this post*

Serpentax 404 DM
Last edited by Serpentax on Mon Jun 21, 2004 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deider
Planar Sage

Post by Deider »

The people who actually do this may not care about being banned in Abyss404. Not to worry - we'll make sure to ban you in Avlis as well :D
Serpentax
Groundling

Post by Serpentax »

*nods* yes, banned lists will be sent to the other copap's..

its really, a rather sad state when i have to post this.. but oh well, it will leave the good rp'ers :)
Khaelindra
Groundling

Post by Khaelindra »

Meh, i can always make a drow paladin on Hala and go to Avlis instead... :P They like that even better than fungoids or such.

:roll: :wink:
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

How can this be happening right now when AFAIK, the link to Abyss404 is not completely active yet?
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Serpentax
Groundling

Post by Serpentax »

because people (well the sad ones) make a pc, and then bug the dm's about when is the link opening over and over...

and say things like "i wanna get my <race> into avlis asap"

its really rather sad...
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

ah, gotcha
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Gairus
Groundling

Post by Gairus »

*gulps*

*stops bugging the Avlis DMs about when the link will be open and also stops saying things like "I wanna get my Drangonari into Abyss404 ASAP"*

:wink:

Disclaimer: The above was tongue in cheek. For god's sake don't go misinterpreting :p
Aloro
Planewalker

Post by Aloro »

Serpentax wrote:because people (well the sad ones) make a pc, and then bug the dm's about when is the link opening over and over...

and say things like "i wanna get my <race> into avlis asap"

its really rather sad...
Everyone, please show more respect than this to the creators and staff of the various CoPaP worlds.

Please do not even consider creating a character on a world only so you can take it to another world. That's extremely inconsiderate, and moreover is very poor roleplaying. We won't look kindly on it. :?

- Aloro
"Time's been between us, a means to an end;
God it's good to be here walkin' together, my friend."
- Stevie Ray Vaughan