CoPaP Compatibility between worlds....

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
Quiz001
Clueless Prime

CoPaP Compatibility between worlds....

Post by Quiz001 »

Today, a standard character of mine (Elf Fighter/wizard) attempted to cross over from Avlis to Rockhome, only to be booted by the server there for having an invalid spell. I checked various forums, and discovered that this was caused by a difference in the ECL checker used on the two worlds. What this seems to mean is that any arcane spellcaster originally from Avlis and having 'blur' in their spellbook (I would guess that's a lot of characters) won't be able to visit Rockhome. Question is, for two members of the CoPaP federation to have discrepancies like this preventing travel between worlds can't be right, can it? I could understand if I was bringing over some strange hybrid creature there might be problems, but a standard char like this?

Is there any plan to rectify this?
Red Golem
World Leader: Abyss404

Post by Red Golem »

For it to work, both worlds would need this custom non-Bioware spell in their .2da files and hakpacks. It does appear to be a part of CoPaPHak 3.1.

Rockhome should make sure the ECL checker is pointing to the appropriate CoPaP version of the spells.2da which has the Blur spell in it (line 1500). Most likely it is pointing to the Bioware version.
[url=http://nwn.bioware.com/guilds_registry/viewguild.html?gid=6231]Autobic Guild[/url]
Quiz001
Clueless Prime

Post by Quiz001 »

Thanks Red Golem. I'll go and ask them on Rockhome if they'll fix it.