Status of HALA website

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
Khaelindra
Groundling

Status of HALA website

Post by Khaelindra »

It's been down from the beginning of this week now, and i hear bits and pieces of rumours about what's up and what's going to happen.

Can someone from the HALA team or other knowledgable person keep us informed?

And maybe someone create a temporary world forum for HALA here on the CoPaP central site to cover the communication need until a new HALA website is up?

Thanks!

Mickey
Chassagne
Planar Sage

Post by Chassagne »

The Hala website is currently hosted freely by Neonsun, thanks to Alandric. It seems the company that is hosting it had technical problems, that led to a 48 hours downtime of http://www.neonsun.org.

Now Neonsun is back online, but Hala is not. The reason is that hala.neonsun.org is not in any DNS anymore, for some reason. My guess is that the machine must be active somewhere, but unreachable because of that.

As you all know, we are in the process of relocating Hala (the PW), it should be done today, 10pm gmt. There will be a short downtime (between one and two hours), just to transfer the database and the server vault from the old machine to the new one.

Expect to see many new newbie friendly features in that new version of Hala :)

There were plans to move the website to a new host too, under the name http://www.hala-world.org. If our previous website is not back on soon, at least I'll put a board there. The fact that both servers need to be relocated at the same time was not... intended :wink:

I hope the content of our previous web site is not lost. I think it's not, but cant be sure about it... It would be a great loss for Hala, since many quests and lore were on the Team boards. Let's hope we'll be able to recover that sometime soon...

I'll post any news as I have them here, to keep you inform.

Sorry for the inconvenience...

Chassagne
Manuel the White
Groundling

Post by Manuel the White »

Website links for Hala updated.
Chassagne
Planar Sage

Post by Chassagne »

Thank you :)