Not newb Friendly?

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
Trole
Noobie

Not newb Friendly?

Post by Trole »

Just because a server wasn't when it opened 5 + years ago dosen't mean you should be spreading the rumour that it still is unfriendly to lower lvl characters now, especially when it's been 4 years since you've set foot in it.. I don't believe there is a server in copap that is non freindly to newbish lower lvl characters now..so that rumour should die..or at least be killed which is my intention of this post. If you hear a rumour about something or server, go find out for yourself!! Stop being a mindless rumour drone!!
Its just like a rumour i once heard about a certain server having DM's that were constantly grieving, power hungry, out for thier own amusement. I went checked it out and boy was the rumour wrong, they were kind fun understanding and helpfull, even went as far as to bend over backwards creating fun for thier player base.

My point!! there's been a hell of alot of development with every server in copap, growth even after so many years and how dated this game is. There's people working hard on thier servers, only to have a rumour of days gone past cause people to deter visiting it. I say this to the rumour spreaders...your missing out!!!!

Trole

P.S. If your a solo'er every server will seam unfriendly thats because of the foig rule, what you don't know you gota find out in game..9 times out of 10 you can't foig shit alone :) So bring a friend along too!!

P.P.S. the server i'm talking about being non newb low lvl character friendly is Tairis'nadur it does have it's newbishly friendly area's and newbishly friendly things to do!!! So come and see, the views amazing, the teams great, Dms fun and i'll guarentee a great place to play..
Aeveras
Ambassador: Avlis

Post by Aeveras »

Taris is a great place, and has some very pretty hills. :) I can't imagine anyone giving Taris a bad rap.

- Aeveras
makelovelikewar
Noobie

Post by makelovelikewar »

Would love to visit! :) However, I'm not interested how you arrive. It is my understanding that you have to go through a certain world's death plane so you arrive naked of inventory. You then have to hope that any customized items you left in DP won't get lost/corrupted while you're visiting. And, of course, anything you may pick up on Tairus is lost when you return through the same DP procedure.

Interesting entry/exit concept and I'll probably have an alt visit sometime, but this stops my main character cold. :(

If I have been given bad information, please feel free to correct me. You don't need to give me details, I can FOIG.
Dashral
Clueless Prime

Post by Dashral »

The death plane scenario isn't the only way into Tairis. My main frequents there regularly without dying in any sense of the word. You just need to find out where the portal is. :wink:
Tairis'Nadur Major DM
Themicles
Leader: Tairis'nàdur & CoPaP Hak-Master

Post by Themicles »

There are actually no death plane scenarios to get into Tairis at all. There are two ways in and neither involves dying.

One of the ways out does, but I wont say more on the subject OOC.
"A wise man does not dwell on his past. He learns from it, he grows from it, and then moves ahead into his future." -me
makelovelikewar
Noobie

Post by makelovelikewar »

Themicles wrote:There are actually no death plane scenarios to get into Tairis at all. There are two ways in and neither involves dying.

One of the ways out does, but I wont say more on the subject OOC.
Thank you for the information! Would you be so kind as to give me one small hint/reassurance on the exit strategy? Forgive the potential "spoiler" in my question but here goes: Is there a non-death plane way to enter and exit Tairis without going through Avlis?

All you need do is answer "yes" or "no" and I'll FOIG the rest. :) (Nothing against Avlis. I have a couple alts there and enjoy it. However, not every character has the privilege of traveling its lands.) Thanks!
corwink
Planewalker

Post by corwink »

Indeed, I'd love to visit there as well, but I'm unable to if the only way in or out is through Avlis.
Druid523
Clueless Prime

Post by Druid523 »

Bump. I think a clarification on this would be very much needed and welcomed. Specifically for the reason makelovelikewar shared:
makelovelikewar wrote:(Nothing against Avlis. I have a couple alts there and enjoy it. However, not every character has the privilege of traveling its lands.)
JollyOrc
Ambassador: Tairis'nàdur

Post by JollyOrc »

Question:
Is there a non-death plane way to enter and exit Tairis without going through Avlis?

Answer:
If there isn't a portal that has slipped my attention: No
Druid523
Clueless Prime

Post by Druid523 »

Hrm. Since this is the case, perhaps a second non-death way to exit Tairis should be considered. Have there been any talks between Tairus and Ysgard about setting up another portal connection in the Infinite Staircase?
Themicles
Leader: Tairis'nàdur & CoPaP Hak-Master

Post by Themicles »

Druid523 wrote:Hrm. Since this is the case, perhaps a second non-death way to exit Tairis should be considered. Have there been any talks between Tairus and Ysgard about setting up another portal connection in the Infinite Staircase?
Tairis'nadur staff do not discuss future links on public forums. We also try to avoid discussing existing links in any way that spoils subjects that should be found out In Character, In Game.
"A wise man does not dwell on his past. He learns from it, he grows from it, and then moves ahead into his future." -me