Gauging Interest in a Tile Project

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
Themicles
Leader: Tairis'nàdur & CoPaP Hak-Master

Gauging Interest in a Tile Project

Post by Themicles »

I'm making some interiors for a couple BioWare tiles for use on Tairis.

I'd like to know if anyone else is interested in them, so I can decide just how far to polish this little project. If I end up using it only on Tairis, I'm not going to go much beyond just making them work. But if others want them, I'll make a complete tile set out of it.

These are the exteriors in question:

And here's an example shot taken in Gmax of the small rounded interior that goes with the same in the left of the image above:
"A wise man does not dwell on his past. He learns from it, he grows from it, and then moves ahead into his future." -me
Arkonswrath
Ambassador: Hala

Post by Arkonswrath »

Hala may be interested depending on final outcome :)
Themicles

Post by Themicles »

Keep in mind that these interiors are small. I'm not even sure a dragon model would even come close to fit.

But goblins? Just the right size. Not sure if that's what BioWare intended, but these will be great goblin huts.

They will nearly perfectly match their exteriors. In fact, the tiles will be using the same geometry, just inverted. They'll also be using the same textures.

They will be bare bone, and decoration will be up to the module builder. I *might* make goblin sized placeables if there's a demand for it. If I turn this into a micro-tileset and also make placeables, I may even do an NWVault release. *shrugs*

EDIT: Oh, just finished the walkmesh for the one pictured above. Going to try and get it finished for testing tonight so I can get some in game screenshots.
"A wise man does not dwell on his past. He learns from it, he grows from it, and then moves ahead into his future." -me
JollyOrc
Ambassador: Tairis'nàdur

Post by JollyOrc »

I like the idea. interest is surely there.
bye,
JollyOrc

Post by Themicles »

Latest in game screenshot of the rounded standing hut. The tile is decorated with placeables, and the screenshot was taken while possessing a goblin.

http://travellers.dnsalias.net/cave_dwe ... ior_01.jpg
Arkonswrath
Ambassador: Hala

Post by Arkonswrath »

Nice, would work well for "tree" houses as well.
Idonia
Planewalker

Post by Idonia »

Yarr, it be like a driftwood cabin!
Themicles

Post by Themicles »

If anyone is interested in checking out the tile work I've been doing, you can log into a private test server I've set up. Address: travellers.dnsalias.net:5129 Password: tma_test_copap Hak Download: http://travellers.dnsalias.net/TMA_Test01.rar