Having a terrible time getting started

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
Jack_of_Tears
Noobie

Having a terrible time getting started

Post by Jack_of_Tears »

Hello all,

As much as I hate for my first post to be less than positive, I find myself here wondering what the situation currently is with the application and approval process.

Early last week I attempted to send in my application but discovered that the page was not functioning and though I had filled out all required fields, the page itself would not progress when I hit the "submit" button. After trying twice I coppied my application and sent it via e-mail to the customer service address.

More than three days later, having received no response, I made a second attempt to send an app, only to find that the page was still inopperable. This time I sent a copy of my application to the Avlis e-mail provided in the first sticky on this board.

It has now been over three days since my second attempt and still I've had no response. Considering my extensive experience in the rpg hobby I can't imagine my app was dismissed out of hand. So, are the people responsible for approvals on vacation? Are they suffering interference from real life issues? Any of these answers are fully understandable, but hearing nothing at all makes me quite concerned about not only my chances of being accepted, but the involvement of the staff itself.

If someone could aid me here I would be most appreciative.
It is not that I'm a poor speller, but that I don't subscribe to the Merriam Webster conformist dictionary.
Themicles
Leader: Tairis'nàdur & CoPaP Hak-Master

Post by Themicles »

I'll fill out a test application to see if the page is still working.
"A wise man does not dwell on his past. He learns from it, he grows from it, and then moves ahead into his future." -me
Themicles

Post by Themicles »

The application appears to work fine.

Did you fill in all fields, as well as check at least one of the check boxes?

As for your app submitted through our contact page, the app reviewer likely does not read that address.
"A wise man does not dwell on his past. He learns from it, he grows from it, and then moves ahead into his future." -me
Jack_of_Tears
Noobie

re

Post by Jack_of_Tears »

I don't know what to say, the application page simply isn't advancing when I hit the "submit" button. I've filled out all the fields, I've checked boxes. I don't know where to go from there ... can anyone help me out?
It is not that I'm a poor speller, but that I don't subscribe to the Merriam Webster conformist dictionary.
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

I would try using a different internet browser. If the applications were not working, we would have tons of folks screaming at us about it, which we don't. I'm also seeing plenty of applications going through.

Themi will handle your acceptance if all else fails.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Themicles

Post by Themicles »

Orleron wrote:I would try using a different internet browser. If the applications were not working, we would have tons of folks screaming at us about it, which we don't. I'm also seeing plenty of applications going through.

Themi will handle your acceptance if all else fails.
I already confirmed the problem I mentioned to you last night. The application was literally too long. Mainly the PnP experience field.
jaythespacehound
Groundling

Post by jaythespacehound »

mmm prospective dm?
Mwuhahahahahahahahaha :twisted:
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

Oh, ok. I didn't realize this was the same person.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."