A New guild Idea

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
Shara Kaiser
Planewalker

Post by Shara Kaiser »

hehe, yeah I know.

The goal of our guild is to unite the Blood line of the Dragons and help to force a peace in the world by our hands. We see any creature with Dragon blood as brothers and sisters, dispite alignments, as all lesser creatures need those to control and guide them. We protect our kind.

This adds a twist to most servers as we accually work for and with the dragons on the servers, and if there are no Dragons near by then we find the lost ones and bring them to the lands to aid us.
Shara Kaiser
Planewalker

Post by Shara Kaiser »

How meny guilds span the CoPaP worlds?

And I do hope there shall be some who "try" to resist mine. hehe
Shara Kaiser
Planewalker

Post by Shara Kaiser »

Ok I've been accepted to join the servers now I just need a bit of help to Create my Character, I've been reading the forums on all the site's (it's a lot of reading) But I think things could be sped up if someone could help me make my Girl witht he custom character maker. e-mail, or post any help you can give.
Gairus
Groundling

Post by Gairus »

What help are you expecting precisely?

The only path I see in this thread is to wait patiently and see if Arborea ends up with those half dragons. You want advice on what to play in the (probably very long) meanwhile?
Shara Kaiser
Planewalker

Post by Shara Kaiser »

Arborea Why there??? I was thinking Outlands or Hala maybe even Avlis. I would like to set up shop in a prime location.
JollyOrc
Ambassador: Tairis'nàdur

Post by JollyOrc »

Because not every world will have native half-dragons. Catara for example may have them in the future, but only as NPCs (storyline reasons). Other worlds may not have them at all.

In order to successfully create a half-dragon character, the server you start on has to offer this option. Not every server will do this, as sometimes having half-dragon PCs in large numbers aren't fitting with their setting. (keep in mind that if you offer the option to one person, countless others will jump the bandwagon.)

Arborea is one of the worlds that have reasons to include Half-Dragons, and are willing to make the effort that is involved in offering players that option. I would go for that :wink:

As to setting up shop in a prime location: Avlis may be the biggest CoPaP world, but in the future it won't be the best connected one (Outlands or Ithilia will probably be that), nor is it necessarily the best world for your concept (I'll let the Avlis team decide that).
bye,
JollyOrc
Ambassador: Ithilla

Post by Baron »

JO is right.. I guess ithilla - (eventually) will link to most if not all primes (up to each world I suppose). And while I havent spoken to Hellfire about it, I'm fairly sure he will not be adding half-dragons to our list of playable races.

Much like the RDD which is disabled on Ithilla (you cant take the class but if you already have it you can level up in it) I think this race probably doesnt fit into his scheme.

If arborea is willing to have that race as a playable race then I would say your decision is made for you. As for help making your girl, it wont be needed - once that race is implemented you can go right in game and take care of it yourself like any other custom race.
The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words,there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence, but government regulations on the sale of cabbage total 26,911 words.
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

once that race is implemented you can go right in game and take care of it yourself like any other custom race.

The key phrase there is in italics. Right now, no CoPaP worlds actually have set up the half-dragon as a playable PC race. So right now, it is not possible to make your character. But never fear, time is still not wasted! I would recommend that you just play some other character for a few days just to see what the servers are like and get a feel for them.

Eventually, and I do not know exactly when, a CoPaP world will make the half-dragon race and make it available. It will probably be Outlands or Arborea, by the sound of the posts above. However, they won't be able to do this until they get around to it: Arborea is not online yet, and I don't know when it will be. Outlands is just now linking up to CoPaP and probably has one or two tasks to complete before teleri gets to your request.

As the world leader of Avlis, I can tell you that we do not plan to make half-dragons available in our custom character generator for our world. You may create one with Outlands' character generator and portal over to Avlis, sure. However, as a starting character, Avlis would not be the place for your character concept, nor would it be a good base for your guild. The way dragons work on Avlis would not exactly fit your story, and it would not mesh all that great with our world's tone and feel.

That's not to say that once you establish the guild on another server, you can't pop over to Avlis. You sure can. But as a starting base for creating your guild, it's not a good idea.

I hope this is all clear, but if not, feel free to ask for clarification.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Shara Kaiser
Planewalker

Post by Shara Kaiser »

Hmmm well I shall half to wait a bit then, And as I do not play any other Character but Shara Ray, I do not feel poping in with another one is something I will do, Another Server that I had talked to wanted me to play another Character from level 1 - 30 at least befor we got to play our Dragon kind, This is a waste of my playing time, I have Three Servers that have allowed us to build a guild post in their worlds (one has the factions set that all Dragons are friendly to us.) And Between running from them alll and maintaining the guild I don't have time to play another character. I am an Extreamly in depth, in Character Player. I would need to make another story line and act it out.

Outlands keeps poping up as a good server. As for more people jumping on the ban wagon that is true, but if it comes with a high ecl, and if you add other conditions then I think only those that really want to rp it, would accually go for it.

I am up to some scouting and watching on a few servers, but not to make a new story line, I have a strong connection to my Character (after all I named her after me) And thought I have meny storys and Characters in my head I do not have the playing time to spare for another.
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

Okie dokie. Whatever butters your muffin! You are welcome to wait, but you are also welcome to play other characters as you wish. We have no problem with that at all.

Your guild members are also welcome to play other characters in the same way, as they wait.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
teleri
World Leader: The Outlands

Post by teleri »

I would like to make sure we are completly clear here about a few things, and I believe I speak for all the World Leaders here on this. You would be required to start a character from scratch in the CoPaP setting which is 1st level + the ECL and work your way to whatever level you deem apropreate. I do not say this to be harsh just to clarify the issue, we are treating you and the others of your guild no differnt than any other player in this regard. All characters are made within CoPaP and can portal between the CoPaP worlds but not outside that area, also they are all stored in Servervaults.
Cheers,
teleri

Building the Outlands one GateTown at a Time
[url=http://www.greatring.net][color=blue][u][b]The Outlands[/color][/u][/b][/url]
[url=http://www.diterlizzi.com/art/games/planescape/index.html][color=blue][u][b]The Look of PlaneScape[/color][/u][/b][/url]
Shara Kaiser
Planewalker

Post by Shara Kaiser »

And Like I said before, Anything else would not be fun. Of course we start at level 1. never heard of anything else.
Shara Kaiser
Planewalker

Post by Shara Kaiser »

Hey I wanted to let you all know I updated the next part of my story, and another one will be comeing soon, check it out under the in character section of the forum.
Krator
Noobie

Post by Krator »

Note to self: make sword with +5 VS Half Nymph Silver Dragons in toolset.
SinbadSam
Clueless Prime

Post by SinbadSam »

Note to Self: add Potion of Protection From Dragon Slaying/Slayer in Tool Set.
Shara Kaiser
Planewalker

Post by Shara Kaiser »

errrrr haveing massive computer problems, can't update to much. but I'll be around as much as I can.
Buddha
Noobie

Post by Buddha »

Just wanted to encourage you along your path. You could volunteer your spare time to developing the custom race on your own. Here are some notes on things that you have to develop from a fellow that whipped a few out for Avlis using a simple 3D graphic editing program. Sounds pretty basic:
Master Dynamic Race Models:
1 phenotype (probably 50 hours), between 450 and 560 armor and clothing pieces (not including robes) ((i don't even want to think about how many hours are in this))

The Skin bug:
All told probably a months worth of work as I tried to find a workaround for the skin bug in NwN. I've expended a lot of effort trying to find a workaround for the skin bug, any races that are not standard (human, elf, dwarf) cant have a custom PLT applied as skin to armor pieces. all armor pieces that are flesh, default to the human PLT, pieces 001, 002 and 003, which are used to show skin after armor is removed are hard coded to use the human plt..so if you have a goblin and equip a piece of armor that uses one of those pieces - or you remove your armor to go "au natural" ((can you say "run the naked mile")) you would appear with human skin.

Robe Support:
These races do not have Robe support. There is a simple reason for this. For the armor pieces, there are utilities that automate some of the resizing of the armor/clothing pieces. Robes however are slightly different... There are at least 20 robes in NwN and CeP (god knows how many under some of the other Custom Content), most robes are made up of 13 pieces ((chest, 2 bicep, 2 forearm, belt, pelvis, 2 thighs, 2 shin, 2 feet...these are all incorporated into one robe model - however each piece needs a custom rotation to match the stance of the race (i.e. hunched over like a half ogre)...that's a minimum of 160 models, with 2080 individual pieces that each have to have a slightly different rotation put on them to align them properly with the master model.

Get crackin! Dedication to a character concept is an admirable thing. Maybe Krator could dedicate a half hour or so -- I hear he's a wiz with coding.
Buddha
Enverex
Planewalker

Post by Enverex »

Depending on how "Dragony" you want the Half-Dragons, you could simply get Autobic to change the persons skin colour, hair colour, add wings, etc like I've done with the Half-Dragons on Haven. It doesn't require any extra models and only requires you to add the basic extras to the 2da files.

Buddha: It isn't basic and requires a vast amount of time, as you quoted. Unless you have many months to dedicate to this and skills in 3D software such as 3DSM or Maya, then it's best to work with what already exists.
Buddha
Noobie

Post by Buddha »

Enverex wrote:Buddha: It isn't basic and requires a vast amount of time, as you quoted.
*points to tongue in cheek*

:lol:
Buddha
Enverex
Planewalker

Post by Enverex »

Buddha wrote:
Enverex wrote:Buddha: It isn't basic and requires a vast amount of time, as you quoted.
*points to tongue in cheek*

:lol:
Ah, it did sound a bit odd :lol:
Krator
Noobie

Post by Krator »

Buddha wrote:Maybe Krator could dedicate a half hour or so
No.
Buddha wrote:I hear he's a wiz with coding.
No.