CoPaP Focus Program FAQ

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
Apandapion
CoPaP: Player Coordinator

CoPaP Focus Program FAQ

Post by Apandapion »

General

1. What is the Focus Program?

The focus program is designed to open a window of opportunity to get started on a new server, or a server you have never been to before. By going to a server during a focus gathering, you are likely to bump into other new characters and friendly DM attention.

2. I'm not quite grasping this "focus gathering" thing.

It's like an intentionally generated flash crowd. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_crowd. We pick a date and converge on the server to play on it, exploring and roleplaying together.

3. Where will the focus gatherings be listed?

On the web, of course. Location is forthcoming.

4. How long is a focus gathering?

This number will vary, but it will generally be a number of days, probably 3 to 5.

5. What should I do during a focus gathering?

Consider making an effort to put in some playtime on the server where the gathering is. Go meet some people, try out a new character, or do some exploring.

Players

6. What characters can participate in a focus gathering?

Most of the characters present will likely be new characters, or local characters looking forward to the increased activity.

If you want to cross the planes to travel to a focus gathering, you are welcome to. Any character powerful enough to travel the planes might be out of place among new adventurers, however. The focus program is not responsible for downed portals, travel expenses, or suddenly placed mindflayer fortresses.

Servers

7. What servers can participate in the Focus Program?

* You must be a member of CoPaP with intentions to link to the other servers of CoPaP.
* You do not have to be currently linked.
* You must be out of beta.

8. How do I schedule?

Send an email to apandapion@gmail.com with [Focus] in the title a minimum of two weeks in advance. The earliest date available for scheduling is June 6, 2005. If seeking to schedule shortly after June 6 2005, please send multiple date selections.

In cases of conflicts in scheduling (two different requests in short sequence for the same time range), preference will be given to the lower population server.