I would like to propose an addition to the CoPaP charter

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!

Should it be forbidden for a server to trap characters in?

Yes
44%
No
44%
See My Comment
13%

Total votes: 16

Ulversial
Planewalker

Post by Ulversial »

Well uhm, I guess there isn't very much to add in this topic. It's just that if there is a chore of players willing to participate in a "trapping" event and a few who don't, I can't see what harm it would make if the few ones who really does not want to be a part of it to be free to do something else.

I wouldn't like to call it purity of rp, because doing something OOC is to get around a certain IC issue is almost always possible. What I think is that there should be some kind of IC option in all cases, allthough with possibly heavy IC effects.

I know there are IC ways in this Elysia event, but they simply weren't an option for everyone.

*shrugs* Not a big deal for me I must admit, I managed to do what I wanted, IC-ly and was very happy with the outcomes and RPing involved in it. One of my most enjoyable sessions ever. Note though that I broke out and made some trouble :D

But hey, I really though the game was for having fun. :D
If you find that in events like this, then great! If you don't, make sure there is a way from it. ( And yeah, that would mean in a way that doesn't affect other people's enjoyment of it the specific plot/event/whatever )

Going with what the majority of players think of it is a bit, uhm, restrictive. I mean, let the few "unpurists" that belong on other servers or simply can't handle it go away and do what they please. It's not like they would ruin the whole plot.

All within reason of course.

And all my cakes I make has got regen!

:D
HIPS IKD - sneak sneak sneak!
- Arborean SubCon and multiworld composer.
Sarrena
World Leader: Abyss404

Post by Sarrena »

Id suggest those players that use ooc methods to aviod ic issues, aren't deserving of DM attention. Personaly, I found guarding Elysia fun, mostly due to a certain crazy old fat man.
World Leader : Abyss 404