Hey GAME FREAKS!

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
Bad213Boy
Noobie

Hey GAME FREAKS!

Post by Bad213Boy »

This is a message to all the people who are obsessed with playing online. I personally think that some people take this game WAY to seriously. I ran into someone that took OFF WORK just to play this game, just to be part of being part of a quest for someone becoming a dragon disciple. When this player had to wait outside a room with our party this person got all pissed off, swearing at me on private message saying my character can go blank himself. The psycho thing about it was that she seriously based her whole week around this. This is truly sad. PEOPLE, THIS IS ONLY A GAME, relax for god sakes. So for all you WEIRDO's out there, do me a favor and get a real life and get your priorities right.
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

I hardly think that attacking these people verbally is the best way to motivate and inspire them to make a positive change in their lives. Think about it, the only possible response to your post is a confrontational one.

So you must want a confrontation, instead of sincerely wanting to help someone rethink their life. That's not very mature.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Apandapion
CoPaP: Player Coordinator

Re: Hey GAME FREAKS!

Post by Apandapion »

You're a troll, of course. But anyway...
Bad213Boy wrote:I ran into someone that took OFF WORK just to play this game, just to be part of being part of a quest for someone becoming a dragon disciple.
Damn straight. Work sucks, and the amount of vacation time that we get here in the states should be a violation of some kind of international treaty. I support anyone who takes as much time off as possible and squanders it in whatever way they think is fun. They are at the forefront of an important area of civil rights. Yesirre, the guy who skips off from work to sleep untill noon, then play NWN with one hand and drink beer with the other is a modern day MLK whose important contribution to the struggle for worker's rights will not be recognized until long after he is gone.

Of course, where I live, if you call D&D a stupid game, people tell you that it is a deathly serious threat to the souls of the youth, and that such a threat should not be taken lightly. Then, if you call basketball a stupid game, you lose some teeth. Priorities. *shrug*
Psyco
Planewalker

Post by Psyco »

Yay for good contracts and flexible hours.

I just have to work a certain numebr of hours a week, when i do them is up to me. Every single week I look at what I have to, or want to, do outside of work and work hours that fit into that.

Do I need to take my car into the mechanic? Do I need to go shopping for something? Do I have a Doctors appointment? Is there some online event I want to go to? Is there someone online I want to meet up with? Is the weather good and do I want to go for a dive?

If you structure your life around work and work alone then you are nothing more than a drone. You need to do things you enjoy as well. Online games are a good release from the stresses of real life.
Significant Owl
Ambassador: The Grey Wastes

Post by Significant Owl »

PEOPLE, THIS IS ONLY A GAME
:shock: You.. You mean.. What we play and roleplay in isn't.. The real world? I was so sure!

Please don't slap me, someone had to at some point.
Odin Hammersong
Noobie

Post by Odin Hammersong »

Apandapion wrote: Yesirre, the guy who skips off from work to sleep untill noon, then play NWN with one hand and drink beer with the other is a modern day MLK whose important contribution to the struggle for worker's rights will not be recognized until long after he is gone.
*wipes a tear*

I love you, man! 8)

*struts off like a champion of worker's rights*
www.nwnonline.net

Post by Guest »

[quote="Bad213Boy"]When this player had to wait outside a room with our party this person got all pissed off, swearing at me on private message saying my character can go blank himself. The psycho thing about it was that she seriously based her whole week around this. This is truly sad.quote]

Ok first of all let me add to the story, this girl who took off work is or nor will ever be a dragon diciple do to her class already being druid/shifter/rogue. Some DM has set up this mission allowing her and someone else to be of dragon blood. One is capable of becoming a dragon deciple, other is not. Isn't there somthing against cheesing from what i here. Just because you can change into a dragon doesnt make your character have dragon blood. And for someone to get so out of control with what she is has done is crazy. All im trying to address is that some people have to tone it down a notch. Dont get me wrong, I work, and I play all the time. When i have spare time I play. But for someone to sound like the're crying, pouting, and swearing at someone just to get there way is pretty pathetic, I mean this a grown person I'm talking about. And people who should have to remember this is only a game. Its entertainment, nothing else. And it seems like these people come mainly from Avlis, no offense but seems more true than the world I play on. LOL.
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

Badboy.... posting as a guest just so you seem like an innocent bystander when you insult Avlis in your post? I realize that this is because you're angry that Avlis banned you awhile back for being immature, but for the gods sakes, don't go proving it to us by pulling these little things.

Take it to rants and raves, or grow up, or keep it up so I can ban you from these boards too.

That's your second warning.

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."

Orleron

Post by Guest »

Im not trying to hide anything. If you look, i said let me add to the story. I can bipass any way you try to ban me. For your info I've been playing ever since. Im just referencing what i claim is true with some people. And this has nothing to do with me being banned. Like I said, Im past that point. Hey dont get me wrong big boy, I love everything you guys have brought to the neverwinter gaming. I just laugh when i hear or see people think this is all there is in life. You have to admit that there are more than a few wierdo's out there playing in avlis that forget to eat and sleep out there. I mean comeon, some of these people act as if there is no other world but avlis, way too wierd for me. So good luck trying to find me.
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

Yep, we know about your CD-key generator/theft/both too. Stay tuned.