New unique world idea (To be placed in wildspace)

Discuss any general matters related to CoPaP here!
Ulversial
Planewalker

New unique world idea (To be placed in wildspace)

Post by Ulversial »

Got a solid idea for a world that wouldn't be too hard to implement given that I find willing people to help me... Got to pour my creativity into something right?

I'll post some brief info on what I made up today during lunch break, and yeah so far I've actually thought of technical solutions to what i've made up.

The whole idea was simply to create a chaotic and hostile enviroment, but with a peaceful and safe shelter.

I'm thinking of making a little planet... Now don't get me wrong here! The size should be (comparably to other PW's out there) small. The main idea is to create a hostile enviroment, the surface full of storms, meteor crashes and you're not suppose to be able to stay there for long. And the planet should be full of mineral resources, from deep space raining down on the surface as asteroids and even be made up more or less of different minerals and metals.

The planet should float about in space and through different planes as well, possibly shrouded by a great cloud of chaos. So the bottomline is, the planet is sought after due to it's rich resources, but is hard to find due to it's chaotic movement through the multi-verse.

The actual "center" of the server should be the Asylum, a settlement deep into the planet, pretty much near the center where there is running water and hot enough to live comfortably. Leading to the surface is a large shaft, and on the orifice on the surface lies the spaceport, an outpost serving as a first dock and trading post.

Now back to the Asylum. As the whole planet is made of rock, more or less, and is full of minerals, grown crops thrive down in the Asylum. So as a citizen you have a few choices. Either go mining, go farming or go trading with other worlds. I have considered not making any monsters at all, just for a concept, but I guess that wouldn't be too popular so there could be strange species dwellling in the deep.

Now that was the "skeleton" of the whole idea.

Well there's not really any point of posting more info here. If there is any interest for it at all I could write some more stuff down that I've been thinking about.

Any thoughts on this? :roll:
Ulversial
Planewalker

Post by Ulversial »

Hmm, don't know why I bother to post my ideas here... Probably because I can't play dev them or even play NWN. :P will in about a weeks time though. yay! have been away from my comp for 2 months now, the agony! :wink:

Anyway, if you do happen to read this, please make a comment about it if you see fit.
Orleron
Multiverse Scholar

Post by Orleron »

The idea sounds fun, but as we mentioned in the other discussion, it takes more than one person to do.
Avlis: http://www.avlis.org

"My name is Orleron...a dungeonmaster...two years ago I got shot through a game client...I'm in a distant part of the internet aboard these servers of escaped mental patients...my players. I've made enemies, stupid, and annoying...now all I want to do is make CoPaP a reality, to warn Earth...Look inward(to your monitor) and share the newbies I've seen..."
Ulversial
Planewalker

Post by Ulversial »

Yeah I'd probably would need someone skilled with NWN scripting as I only got "cut and past profiency" ;)

Anyway, more on this topic once I get home and start fooling with the toolset.

Hm, got an idea though, how about treating this as a subset to Ithillia (or however this is spelled) since it's going to be like a space colony, with space ports and everything... Wha'dya think?

And yeah, I did see you mentioning it other topics, because when I first posted it (or rather another similiar post that I have edited into this one) you dropped the one you speak of, felt kind of like a reply ;)
Hellfire
Planewalker

Post by Hellfire »

Hello Ulversial

Ever considered joining a PW team? We could use people on Ithilla.
If you are interested, drop by the ithilla boards and leave your info. what you cna do.. what you can't do etc.
Ulversial
Planewalker

Post by Ulversial »

hell hellfire :)

Yeah of course I've considered, but there are so many of them! But since you asked so politely I shall get my fat arse to your boards and post ;)

*gone, in a swirl of lost packets*